AAR in November issue of Computer Gaming World

Post reports of your triumphs and defeats here for others to read and comment on.
bluemonday

AAR in November issue of Computer Gaming World

Post by bluemonday »

Computer Gaming World magazine published a three-page AAR of a two-player Crown of Glory game in the latest issue of the magazine.
Malagant

RE: AAR in November issue of Computer Gaming World

Post by Malagant »

I tried to read this. I was so disgusted at the complete and utter lack of intelligence, maturity, and discretion by the reviewer(s) that I couldn't finish.

"La Garde meurt, elle ne se rend pas!"
mogami

RE: AAR in November issue of Computer Gaming World

Post by mogami »

Hi, The Russian player was certainly a whiney weenie. Because he could not get the AI to do what he needed the game is bad.
Also they both were too lazy to fight the battles. (because the game would have taken 2 years)
If Austria needed help why didn't he make an Alliance and send a Corps to help? France is not the only nation in 1805 that can use corps (That might be why Russia had so many textiles)

But I agree the AI does a poor job recreating the proper politics. The game is a free for all not an alliance against France. (Thats why I control Austria and Prussia together)
Just because there are 8 nations does not mean a single player cannot control more then 1.

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

Return to “After Action Report”