DCG OOB Mod for Talonsoft's West Front

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Tankerace

DCG OOB Mod for Talonsoft's West Front

Post by Tankerace »

I was fooling around with the Dynamic Campaign OOBs for Talonsoft's West Front (and Rising Sun), and found out how to "add" or "Unlock" more units for DCG play. I know its not a Matrix game, but since TS doesn't exactly exist anymore I figured this would be as good a place to post it as any.

From the readme:

Campaign Series DCG Campaign Mod 1.0

To install, place the .oob files from the respective folder in this zip into the matching game (West Front to West Front, Rising Sun to Rising Sun).

Tested on: WF: Operation Sealion installed over WF:BP1, patched to 1.06. Should work on WF, WFBP1, and WF Sealion as it is for the DCGs. RS mod used on Rising Sun Gold, though will work on RS Imperial Strike and stock RS.

To use, select as usual. Click begin new campaign, choose DCG and nationality, portrait and infantry or tank command. Then, follow as below to chose the new units.

DCG Units added:

West Front:
Fall of France campaign (French):

Tank Battalions for all variety of French tanks. Also 2nd Cuirassier Division unlocked.
Tank Battalions are listed as a list of Tank Battalions. Order is:

Select 1st Army Corps, then:

9th Tank Battalion: R35
Tank Battalion: FT-17
Tank Battalion: H35
Tank Battalion: FCM36
Tank Battalion: R40
Tank Battalion: H39
Tank Battalion: D2

Units are listed simply as Tank battalion. They are listed in order of selection, with their attendent tanks.

In 2nd Cuirassier Division
8th Armored Battalion in 2nd Demi-Brigade: B1-bis
14th Armored Battalion in 4th Demi-Brigade: H39

AfrikaKorps and Operation Crusader Campaigns (British):
added 7th RTR in British selection after XIII Corps, unit consists of Matilda IIs, which upgrade in 1942 to Valentines.

Big Red One and II Corps in Tunisa Campaigns (American)
Added 1st Ranger Battalion. Select after choosing II Corps. If playing Big Red One, unit upgrades to 2nd Ranger Battalion after Italy. In tank commands, unlocked Light Tank battalion of M5A1s, select after choosing II Corps.

Caen and Beyond Campaign (British)
Added 51st Royal Tank Regiment. Choose after selecting XXX Corps. Unit is composed of Churchill Mk VII and VIIIs.

Road to Germany Campaign (American)
Added Following Divisions:
101st Airborne Division (at Regimental/Bn level can choose 327th Glider Infantry and 501st Para Infantry)
82nd Airborne Division (At Regimental/Bn level can choose 325th Glider Infantry and 504th Para Infantry)

Added 1st Special Service Force (commandable at Brigade, Regimental, or Bn level).

Added 2nd and 5th Ranger Battalions.

Also unlocked Light Tank Battalion of M5A1s.

Select all after choosing II Corps.

After selecting II Corps with a tank command in all American Campaigns, you will see:

(number) Armored Division
Tank Battalion
Tank Battalion

The upper Tank Battalion has 4 companies of M5A1s, the bottom one 3 Companies of Shermans and 1 of M5A1s

Caen and Beyond and Road to Germany Campaign (Germany)
unlocked Heavy Panzer Battalions of Tigers, selectable at Panzer Corps and SS Panzer Corps levels.

Added to Panzer and Infantry Corps: Luftwaffe Field Divisions, Montain Division, Jaeger Division, and Fallshirmjager Division. The Division, and their attendent Regiments and Battalions are available. The Fallschirmjaeger Division is only available in the Panzer Corps, and the Jaeger Division is only available in the Infantry Corps.

Rising Sun:

To American DCGs only:

Added a Marine Division in each Corps, either the 1st or 2nd Marines (with attendent Rgts and Bns). Also added to each Corps an amphibious tank Bn of LVT(A)1s which can upgrade to LVT(A)4s. Select the same as any other unit.

No other units have been edited, though the 1st Armored Division in the Big Red One Campaign should not change to 2nd Armored in 1944 in West Front.

The files needed are in the zip file attached. Enjoy! (and no, Im not slacking on War Plan Orange.... but I do need a break occasionally).

Attachments
CampaignS..OOBmod.zip
(7.56 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
Designer of War Plan Orange
Allied Naval OOBer of Admiral's Edition
Naval Team Lead for War in the Med

Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.
TAIL GUNNER

RE: DCG OOB Mod for Talonsoft's West Front

Post by TAIL GUNNER »

Great!
While you're tooling around in the .oob files, try to fix the forever elusive "auxillary reinforcements show up with 1SP" bug.

Talonsoft never could nail that one....
"If you want peace, prepare for war."
Tankerace

Post by Tankerace »

Hehehe, not so far. I know you can edit the actual campaigns to fix it, but I think that was an inherent design flaw (though admittedly, after 1.06 I don't see it all that much.

Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.
Halsey

Post by Halsey »

Cool!
I still play WF and EF.[:D]
James Ward

Post by James Ward »

I still play WF and EF.

I have EFII on Windows XP and it works great. Does WF work on XP?
Tankerace

Post by Tankerace »

Yeah, but for me to get it to work without crashing I had to install WF sealion and the 1.06 unofficial patch. It may work with just the 1.06 patch.

James Ward

Post by James Ward »

Yeah, but for me to get it to work without crashing I had to install WF sealion and the 1.06 unofficial patch. It may work with just the 1.06 patch.

Thanks. I'm loving EFII so I think WF may be in my future [8D]
TAIL GUNNER

Post by TAIL GUNNER »

ORIGINAL: Tankerace

What's this "unofficial" patch you're talkin' about?
Tankerace

Post by Tankerace »

http://www.theblitz.org/downloads/patches.php#cs

I don't know what all it does, but after installing it WF worked on XP SP2. Just go to the Blitz site there to get the patch.

Zap

Post by Zap »

do you have to become a member to the site you posted to be able to download a demo
Tankerace

Post by Tankerace »

I don't think so, I'm not a member of it.

WF is pretty old, 1999 in fact. And the company has since gone under. Still, it is a pretty fun game (I actually prefer it to SPWaW.... granted, I like SPWaW but I prefer the CS series.)

TAIL GUNNER

Post by TAIL GUNNER »

Do you guys ever play the Linked Campaign Games (LCGs)?

For me, they're the stars of this show...

Finally played all the way through Kamphgruppe Peiper....crossed the Meuse at Huy with one seriously understrength Kamphgruppe.....highly recommended!

Just finished Hohenstein's (or something like that) Armored Fist.....and got my ass handed to me! Gotta try this one again.....though I have no idea how to stop swarms of Shermans/Firefly with just a PanzerGrenadier Battalion....

I think next up with be the Blue and Gray in Normandy.....never played through that one....probably because the first D-Day scenario is so daunting...

Does anyone remember this dude back in the day that was making a custom LCG based on the 12th SS Panzer Division in Normandy? I remember playing his first scenario.......it was freaking huge and brilliant....
I wonder if he ever finished it?

Return to “General Discussion”