I'm so on the edge here...

Crown of Glory: Europe in the Age of Napoleon, the player controls one of the crowned potentates of Europe in the Napoleonic Era, wielding authority over his nation's military strategy, economic development, diplomatic relations, and social organization. It is a very thorough simulation of the entire Napoleonic Era - spanning from 1799 to 1820, from the dockyards in Lisbon to the frozen wastes of Holy Mother Russia.

Moderators: ericbabe, Gil R.

elmo3

RE: I'm so on the edge here...

Post by elmo3 »

OK, I'm on the edge. Sounds like the game has a lot of potential but is more a work in progress right now. I'm inclined to wait for the next patch. Anyone care to persuade me otherwise?

Also it sounds like the manual is out of date about a lot of important information. Will an updated version or at least an addendum with changes be coming out any time soon?
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester
TheRockSal

Post by TheRockSal »

OMG....the game is not a work in progress...ITS GOOD AS IT IS!

I understand people in this day and age waiting for patches because so many games first come out in a state of chaos....

...but this one is very, very good....RIGHT NOW.

They are going to tweak things and add a few things but it's very playable, very fun, and totally worth it.

carnifex

Post by carnifex »

I'm inclined to wait for the next patch. Anyone care to persuade me otherwise?

I'll give it a go. You should buy it now because you will need to spend some time learning the system. When you're ready to play a lengthy serious campaign, the next patch should be out.

elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

ORIGINAL: carnifex

I'll give it a go. You should buy it now because you will need to spend some time learning the system. When you're ready to play a lengthy serious campaign, the next patch should be out.

Yeah, I thought of that one. [;)]

Edit - I assume there is no ETA for the next patch.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Mr. Z

Post by Mr. Z »

Also it sounds like the manual is out of date about a lot of important information.
The manual is still mostly accurate, but indeed slightly less so after the patch release. All patch changes have been noted in the announcements. I would say there are few outright errors in the manual; mostly there are just a few features that were admittedly not adequately documented.
Will an updated version or at least an addendum with changes be coming out any time soon?
A manual addenda proof draft should be out by the middle of next week. It will need to be approved prior to release, but hopefully that should only take a day or two.
elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

Thanks for the replies. Anyone know if the "Undo" fix coming in the next patch?

WitE alpha/beta tester
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

ORIGINAL: elmo3

Thanks for the replies. Anyone know if the "Undo" fix coming in the next patch?

I've started implementing an undo feature and hope to include it in the next patch.
elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

Thanks Eric. Hmmm, now where did I put that credit card...

WitE alpha/beta tester
cdbeck

Post by cdbeck »

Hi all! LTRFTP and I'm happy to be finally coming out of the woodwork.
Anyways, I too am on the edge about buying Crown of Glory. Its not cause I'm worried I won't like it, its cause I am kicking around WHICH Matrix title to order. [&:] I'm kicking around ordering COH or Uncommon Valor (now that they have put it up for a low-low price on DD).
I currently own Flashpoint Germany and Titans of Steel. I am a history grad student (Medieval history for those not familiar with the Albigensian crusade quoted below), but I love both the Napoleonic era and World War II. [:D]
I know these two games are vastly different, but my strained resources demands I only buy one! So, I beg all of you grognards [&o], which one should I buy??

Son_of_Montfort
"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet!"
(Kill them all. God will know his own.)

-- Arnaud-Armaury, the Albigensian Crusade
Jarhead0331

Post by Jarhead0331 »

Actually Montfort...I think its: "Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet."
de.ci.sive.ness\ n. 1. Ability to make decisions promptly and to announce them in clear, forceful manner. 2. See United States Marine.
cdbeck

Post by cdbeck »

LOL Jarhead0331! If I hadn't been translating latin all day (and I just got finished translating some right now), I might have put forth the effort to say that very thing...[8D]

Right now though... I can totally understand why its a dead language... [8|]

Son_of_Montfort -- Cheap Real-Estate Available on top of Montsegur!

ian77

Post by ian77 »

Both are very very good games .... if you really enjoy resource management and strategic planning in WWII genre, skip Uncommon Valour and go to its BIG daddy, War In The Pacific, it is a real monster of a game, but well worth the effort and with a very active community and lots of PBEM.

Personally, COG has a lot of my attention at present, and I think it will have for quite some time to come. (Which is nice..)

Ian
cdbeck

Post by cdbeck »

Thanks Ian,

I would go for WiTP, but being that it's the big daddy, also means that it is big $$ in comparison. [X(]

I'm really thinking CoG is the way to go, mostly because I feel that deciding the altitude of my flight groups would be a level of detail that would haunt me for all my days. [:D]

Besides, Napoleon is just so dang cool!

Son_of_Montfort

Return to “Crown of Glory”