Suggestions for new Scenarios / Maps for FPG v2.0

Matrix Games and Simulations Canada combine and completely remake two classic NATO vs. Warsaw Pact wargames into a new classic. Based on the original wargames “Main Battle Tank: North Germany” and “Main Battle Tank: Central Germany”, Flashpoint Germany is a new grand tactical wargame of modern combat. Every aspect of modern grand tactical warfare is included, from advanced armor, air and helicopters to chemical and tactical nuclear weapons. Step into the most dangerous war.. . that never was.

Moderators: IronManBeta, CapnDarwin

Emilio

Suggestions for new Scenarios / Maps for FPG v2.0

Post by Emilio »

Hi,

For FPG 2.0 I would suggest the next scenarios / maps:

- Russo / Chinese conflict (present day) and Soviet / Chinese (late 80s)
- Snowed / Tundra maps for winter operations.
- A new Korean war (with the snowed maps, since Red Phoenix is a winter war).
- Arid / Desert maps for middle-east.
- Desert Storm 91 (with arid maps).

Do you think that it will be possible?

Thanks in advance.
Emilio
CapnDarwin

RE: Suggestions for new Scenarios / Maps for FPG v2.0

Post by CapnDarwin »

Emilio,

From what I understand and have heard all of the areas you mentioned are in the notes for the Flashpoint series. Right now the target is to expand the core game engine and focus first on an expanded Europe theater and then the Mid East. An order of release has yet to be firmed up at this point. I know a couple folks voiced the Russian-Chinese theater, myself included. We'll keep you all posted on where we are heading. [:)]
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
IronManBeta

Post by IronManBeta »

Those are all good ideas and yes, we are thinking along those general lines. It is too soon to make any date commitments but the gleam is definitely in our eyes for all those topics.

Cheers, Rob
Brolin

Post by Brolin »

Hi everybody [:)] Has anyone read Larry Bond's "Cauldron"? I would love to have a few scenarios from this book.
Rob322

Post by Rob322 »

Looking forward to further editions! One area I'm interested in would be Norway. Weather, mountains, and lots of light, elite forces running around. Very cool [8D]
Siljanus

Post by Siljanus »

Just started playing FPG again after a bit of a pause and having fun with it. As for future scenarios, I'd like to see hypothetical US invasion scenarios featuring National Guard level units and equipment with "partisan" resistance units vs Soviet airborne and tank units. It would be kind of cool to play such scenarios with titles like "Across the Potomac", "Bloody Kansas Part 2", or an "Invasion Amerika" campaign.
Brolin

Post by Brolin »

"Flashpoint: USA" - Yeah, great idea! Throw in some european NATO-Units and I'm with you.
Siljanus

Post by Siljanus »

ORIGINAL: Brolin

"Flashpoint: USA" - Yeah, great idea! Throw in some european NATO-Units and I'm with you.

Task Force Churchill: In the hour of America's greatest need, the English come to the aid of their American cousins. An advance force of SAS, and light armor units hook up with local resistance/Nat. Guard units to try to secure a beachhead/landing area for an incoming European relief force and elements of regular US Army units that were stationed abroad.

You could have a series of scenarios involving securing landing areas, key road junctions, airports, etc. culminating in the eventual arrival of the large relief force mentioned above.

For those Warsaw Pact fans, who wouldn't want to play some Red Dawn scenarios from the side of the Communist horde?
Mikekiller16

Post by Mikekiller16 »

I would expand the European Conflict before traslating it to other continent; in my opinion there is still a lot of potential in it; for example, more maps including areas within North and South Europe, other NATO countries participation; as the Red forces advance from Germany to France, Netherlands, Belgium, may be Norway and even neutral Sweden; and including Balkans, Greece, Italy, Spain, Portugal; that would give us the oportunity to test differents NATO armies units. Just an idea, in fact whatever is done in a way of expansion or new game in the serie will be welcome [;)]
Miguel
Brolin

Post by Brolin »

ORIGINAL: Mikekiller16

I would expand the European Conflict before traslating it to other continent; in my opinion there is still a lot of potential in it; for example, more maps including areas within North and South Europe, other NATO countries participation; as the Red forces advance from Germany to France, Netherlands, Belgium, may be Norway and even neutral Sweden; and including Balkans, Greece, Italy, Spain, Portugal; that would give us the oportunity to test differents NATO armies units. Just an idea, in fact whatever is done in a way of expansion or new game in the serie will be welcome [;)]

IMHO, Europe's fate would have been decided in Germany, so picking Germany as the primary battleground makes sense. After that, every other attack on e. g. France or the Netherlands would have been like a walk in the park for the Red Army (remember that in this case, they have already destroyed the most precious and powerful Units of Germany, France, Great Britain...). Also, in the eyes of the military commander, french, dutch and german landscapes look quite the same (except Great Britain, because, as we all know, the sun never shines there and it's raining 48 hours a day [;)] ). So, i would love to have some different maps and i would love to get the chance to rumble through Washington in my brand-new T-90. And yes, i can't await "Flashpoint: USA" too. [&o]

Excuse my english/grammar - 20 years since I left school weren't really helpful ...
Puercoespino

Post by Puercoespino »

ORIGINAL: Brolin

Hi everybody [:)] Has anyone read Larry Bond's "Cauldron"? I would love to have a few scenarios from this book.

I did, and it could be great.

And what about something from Larry's "Vortex"? The book is not one of my favorites, but the African area shows a lot of promise. Besides fictional scenarios, there has been a lot of historical clashes with modern armored elements: Angola/Cuba/SA in Angola/Namibia, Morocco/POLISARIO in Sahara, Lybia/Chad/French in Chad, Ethiopy/Somalia at Ogaden...

Another largely neglected area is India/Pakistan/China. There has been heated historical action there.

Del mucho leer y poco dormir se le secaron los sesos
cutthroat717

Post by cutthroat717 »

I've also thought that Harold Coyle's "Team Yankee" would be an excellent place to get some ideas for some good scenario ideas, or a larger campaign-style series. The included maps are essentially the same area that TY takes place in, and the equipment is correct for the timeframe of the book.

Cheers!
Gudgey

Post by Gudgey »

Another of Harold Co
[quote]ORIGINAL: cutthroat717

I've also thought that Harold Coyle's "Team Yankee" would be an excellent place to get some ideas for some good scenario ideas, or a larger campaign-style series.

As would Harold Coyle's "Sword Point", in which Nato and the Soviets fight over Iran instead of Germany. The desert would make an interesting change of scenery.
Emilio

Post by Emilio »

A nice example of my desired scenarios for FPG 2:

A small U.S. force is located in Ebersburen. It is the remnant of a company team which has been destroyed in the previous day's fighting. While resting, the commander receives word that a Soviet force of approxemately company strenght (8 T-62s and 2 BMPs with infantry, to be exact) are appraching west along Route 298 and are due to reach Ebersburen within 30 minutes. The U.S. force consists of 1 M60A1 tank, 1 M150 (M113 with TOW), and 1 squad of infantry (2 fireteams with 1 Dragon). The U.S. commander is ordered to prevent the Soviet force from advancing west along Route 298 and getting off the map. (Assume if you will, that there are supply echelons to the west that the Soviets can wreak havoc on if they get to them).

This is an extract of the old superb SPI's Firefight board game manual. An the very reason because I'd like to have infantry units with anti-tanks weapons. At the end of the scenario, the U.S. forces are the M150 and the Dragon fireteam, and the soviets only have 4 T-62s, beeing stucked since moving would be cause total anhilation from the U.S. forces, digged and hidden.

I would like to make this kind of scenarios in a new scenario editor, using own or random maps.

Nevertheless I have had a lot of fun fighting mechanized battles with FPG!!

Emilio.
Emilio
themattcurtis

Post by themattcurtis »

Got no idea what's next. But eventually Korea would be fantastic. I spent a couple of years in Japan. I had a couple of friends in the Marines who referred to the guys over there as "the speed bump" -- meaning they wondered how long they would last against a million man N. Korean army, even if the bad guys' kit was aging.
"You men cheer when the battle is successful. When it isn't, you threaten hari-kari. You're acting like hysterical women."

Vice Admiral Ryunosuke Kusaka

Return to “FlashPoint Germany”