Production bug?

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, JanSorensen

sajbalk

Production bug?

Post by sajbalk »

In a PBEM game, I have isolated England. England has 2 resources in it. Yet 4 new infrantry showed up. I understand that the population is available due to the damage. But have I missed the rule that if you fully prouce something, but have no population points available to place the unit, the unit is placed as soon as pop. points are available?

That is, if a unit is in the queue in, say E. India and isolated with no resources native or tanspotable, would the unit be produced so long as it was built using PP, but not placed due to population constraints?

Steve Balk
Iowa, USA
Forwarn45

RE: Production bug?

Post by Forwarn45 »

But have I missed the rule that if you fully prouce something, but have no population points available to place the unit, the unit is placed as soon as pop. points are available?

No - what I suspect has happened is that the British have cannibalized [cancelled] a battleship or two in the production queue, giving them a refund of 1/2 the resources spent. This is a handy strategy if Japan is isolated later in the game to keep production up, and it works for Britain as well. Of course it gets expensive quickly!
JanSorensen

Post by JanSorensen »

I can see a couple of possible explanations.

1) Most likely. There were stored up resources in India from prior turns
2) Less likely. The WA player destroyed other units in the production in India and gained 1 resource from each

Did you only just isolate India? if so the first explanation is most likely the correct.
sajbalk

Post by sajbalk »

Thanks for the responses. I had isloated England; i just used India for an easier example. The answer must be the canabalization of the BB's in the UK. I did not know (or had forgotten) the rule on this.

Steve Balk
Iowa, USA
JanSorensen

Post by JanSorensen »

I just need to learn to read properly - I am glad you got the reason figured out though.
aauminki

Post by aauminki »

Might have had a higher resource pool total too, unless that's what you mean by 'resources' and not just resource centres.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's World at War - Support”