Any female players

Gary Grigsby's World At War gives you the chance to really run a world war. History is yours to write and things may turn out differently. The Western Allies may be conquered by Germany, or Japan may defeat China. With you at the controls, leading the fates of nations and alliances. Take command in this dynamic turn-based game and test strategies that long-past generals and world leaders could only dream of. Now anything is possible in this new strategic offering from Matrix Games and 2 by 3 Games.

Moderators: Joel Billings, JanSorensen

a511

Any female players

Post by a511 »

on the first day i entered this forum, i presume that all the fellow gamers in this forum are guys ...

just wonder whether there are any female players in this game?

AN
tiredoftryingnames

RE: Any female players

Post by tiredoftryingnames »

World at War Dating Thread?
a511

Post by a511 »

[:D] LOL ... tiredoftryinggames u are a bit too sensitive [:D] LOL
tiredoftryingnames

How so? Was a simple joke.
aletoledo

Post by aletoledo »

perhaps a better title would be: any "hot" female players! :)
haruntaiwan

Post by haruntaiwan »

I actually met a woman who plays Axis & Allies.

But that's a once in a lifetime event I think.
tiredoftryingnames

My wife use to play online shooters with me. We both have PCs on a network at home and with some friends we'd play counter-strike or rogue spear online. Well counter-strike before the cheating losers ruined that game. But anywho, her name online was Sunshine and we were on this server and some guy just kept going on and on how sunshine was so gay a name and the guy should be ashamed. So she shot him and said sunshine isn't gay for a girl but i just killed you with a headshot maybe you shoudl shut up and play. No lie all i saw was 6 ASL? appear on the screen from all the guys on the server. They were so busy hitting on her that I ran around just killing them and it became boring. She logged off since they were more concerned with getting a date than playing. [:D]

So I'm thinking there are more female players than you'll ever know. They have just learned not to reveal themselves.
ilovestrategy

Post by ilovestrategy »

Female players on this forum? My wife looks at all my tiny ships sailing across the ocean on my monitor and just shakes her head [:D]
After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!
Forwarn45

Post by Forwarn45 »

I think some grad student should do a thesis on the issue. It could be interesting. [8D]
ilovestrategy

Post by ilovestrategy »

saaay that's an idea! But all of us guys are already in our 30's and having regular jobs though [:D]
aletoledo

Post by aletoledo »

Female players on this forum? My wife looks at all my tiny ships sailing across the ocean on my monitor and just shakes her head
I always make fun of the things my wife does by saying the clothes she has been shopping for over 2 hours, looks like the same clothes she shopped for last weekend. well she rebuffs me by saying the little army men in this game, looks just like the ones from last game.
tiredoftryingnames

Yeah but your little army men in that pc game probably cost less than one fashionable outfit. [:'(]
Daykeras

Post by Daykeras »

Well, I might end up doing my thesis just on that. I start college this month.

Now I've seen girls play FPS games, but it's rare. I've seen more in RPGs... but in Strategy games, especially a game like WaW that nearly no one has heard of (at least the people I know of) I would find it a very rare and special event indeed.

That being said, any women who do play this game and who reads this forum, please respond so I can do a paper or three on you and the rest of the game dynamics for specific genres and even game sub-genres, not to mention forum personality and expression.
ilovestrategy

Post by ilovestrategy »

ORIGINAL: Daykeras

Now I've seen girls play FPS games, but it's rare. I've seen more in RPGs... but in Strategy games, especially a game like WaW that nearly no one has heard of (at least the people I know of) I would find it a very rare and special event indeed.

That being said, any women who do play this game and who reads this forum, please respond so I can do a paper or three on you and the rest of the game dynamics for specific genres and even game sub-genres, not to mention forum personality and expression.
Lots of girls play RPGs, especially the Final Fantasy series and MMORPGs. My wife is a gamecube nut. Her favorite is this game called Animal Crossing. It's an evil addicting game that will eat up HOURS of you time lol.
a511

Post by a511 »

better find another thesis or try ur luck somewhere else. given the game nature, its really difficult to find one female player in this forum (or even the whole matrix forum), thats why i start this thread in the very beg to see whether im right.

ive met gals who can chat Man Utd or AC Milan with me but ive never found any gal that can discuss Midway or Barbarossa with me ... so imo, i think war history is one of the least preferred topic among the gals, accordingly, u can hardly find a female fans on this type of game.

btw, Daykeras, u could be the youngest player in this forum!! welcome!!!
wish i were as young as u ...

AN
Puukkoo

Post by Puukkoo »

WOMEN?!?

IN HERE!?!

You must be kidding. No woman has ever trespassed this area. And I'm 100% sure.

It's a drag.[:(]
Don't be shocked, I AM funny.
Apollo11

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: Puukkoo

WOMEN?!?

IN HERE!?!

You must be kidding. No woman has ever trespassed this area. And I'm 100% sure.

There were few women posters at WitP (War in the Pacific) forum.

One of them is historian and she posted a message here in this forum as well (one or two weeks ago).

So there are women posters/players...

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
Daykeras

Post by Daykeras »

Well I don't really expect to find many. So the thesis would be on why there are so few. It could be a social analysis of the genders, but more likely a subjective view on how society defines likes and dislikes.
demonterico

Post by demonterico »

I've been a historical miniatures wargamer since 1975, and have been attending at least one convention each year since that time. In those 30 years I have met woman playing at those conventions, but darn few. Perhaps 1 woman for each 500 men. However, I can understand their lack of interest, I hate shopping.
The world has never seen a more impressive demonstration of the influence of sea power upon history. Those far distant, storm-beaten ships, upon which the Grand Army never looked, stood between it and the dominion of the world. -- Alfred Thayer Mahan
ilovestrategy

Post by ilovestrategy »

LOL I guess this forum could be the digital equivilent of a 1950's bowling alley [:D]

Return to “Gary Grigsby's World at War”