How many UK footy fans here?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Big B

RE: How many UK footy fans here?

Post by Big B »

ORIGINAL: Big B
ORIGINAL: Big B
ORIGINAL: watchtower

Ahh a Ripping yarns fan I see.

Have you seen Howard Molsen's new shovel? Place's it next to his other one I hear.

BTW I said to me old dear: Black puddings very black today mother, even the white bits are black!!!
"...That's Eric Olthwaite #8 playing for Dennley Moore"
"Aye...The Bank Robber?"
" ..it was never proved.."

Hey! I'm not the ONLY one! look up- google the-useless-useless-bastards
watchtower

Post by watchtower »

the-useless-useless-bastards

Nice shorts - but then shorts don't matter!!

AlexCobra

Post by AlexCobra »

Hi!
Interested to hear your comparison of the two games. I just ordered Football Manager 2005, but still would like to hear opinions of other games.

Well, the biggest advantage I saw in FM2005 was it's database - it kept it from CM04. VERY huge, very detailed and what's most pleasant - with full histories, so you can trace statistics from the very beginning of carreer. Huge selection of leagues and championships, though the old performance issue remained - I mean, u can't play too much leagues at one time. Wide tactical capabilities, scouting/buying system probably too complex... As for CM 2005, database is big too, but histories are cut... some interface changes made... well, me personally fond of FM2005, but it's only my humble opinion.

Alex.
IronDuke_slith

Post by IronDuke_slith »

ORIGINAL: Bodhi

ORIGINAL: IronDuke

Manchester United (born and bred in the City before you ask)

Yeh...yeh....same to you, too....[;)]

Born and bred City, but now support United - bet that causes some family rows![X(] [:D]

That hurt....[;)]

I can confirm I have never been a bitter....

Regards,
IronDuke
watchtower

Post by watchtower »

Had to happen. War, Footy all the same. Split families, brothers apart -Most wars and Manchester duels are not that different[8D]

IronDuke_slith

Post by IronDuke_slith »

To be honest, the City-United thing has kind of taken a back seat in recent years as the club's paths have diverged.

The games I (and I suspect an awful lot of reds) want to win most are the Arsenal and Liverpool ones. Arsenal because they've been our closest rivals for the last decade (and there's been a lot of history in the fixtures) and Liverpool because we hate each other (fueled by jealousy on our part in the 80s at their success and on their part in the 90s at our success.)

Chelsea are rising in these stakes as the new kids on the block, and City don't feature (at least for me) they way they used to.

Regards,
IronDuke
kcflyer

Post by kcflyer »

Manchester U. fan here in Kansas City Mo. Catch the games on Fox Soccer Channel. I see a lot of there shirts here in KC also.
KG Erwin

Post by KG Erwin »

I'm so sorry to interrupt my UK mates here, but never ever would American-style football fans refer to their favorite sport as "footy". [:'(]

Return to “General Discussion”