Replay function ?!

Crown of Glory: Europe in the Age of Napoleon, the player controls one of the crowned potentates of Europe in the Napoleonic Era, wielding authority over his nation's military strategy, economic development, diplomatic relations, and social organization. It is a very thorough simulation of the entire Napoleonic Era - spanning from 1799 to 1820, from the dockyards in Lisbon to the frozen wastes of Holy Mother Russia.

Moderators: ericbabe, Gil R.

HannoMeier

Replay function ?!

Post by HannoMeier »

I just started a PBEM game and I am very surprised that there seem to be no (joint) turn replay - only some reports. This is insufficent from my point of view. I think a replay like in Uncommon Valor or War in the Pacific is needed. Even the small game Startegic Command has an excellent replay. I think this feature has to be in the game and should be applied by a patch!

Hanno
Uxbridge

RE: Replay function ?!

Post by Uxbridge »

Agree. This should be first priority once all inital bugs have been driven off the field. CoG lend itself splendidly to long PBEM-games. I wouldn't be surprised if more old grognards as myself decide for playing campaigns that last several years. Considering a game with a full plot (8 players), each turn would take 1-2 weeks on average. Arrival of the next turn would be like the arrival of your favorite subscription magazine. And the ability to negotiate thing outside the game frame, by using normal e-mail, makes it even greater. [:)]

But if this is to be true, there must be some way of replay ... [:-]
YohanTM2

Post by YohanTM2 »

PBEM is the only way I really play so I am a bit disappointed to here this, what battle analysis etc. do you see currenly? I have not had time to dig into the game yet so would like your viewpoint.
Uxbridge

Post by Uxbridge »

Frankly, I have only tried PBEM myself yet. Started a game as the French, saved it without actually doing much, and then opened it as the British. I noticed that there wasn't any replay, found it strange because I thought that I had read it somewhere, and started to search for a way to access it. Doing all this I never took much notice about what I could actually see, rather searching for what I could not. Then I went to the forum and saw that there wasn't any replay function at all. Therefore, as yet anyway, my opinion isn't of much value here.

I suppose you could do as I did and investigate further ...
TheRockSal

Post by TheRockSal »

There is a report...'events'... that lists what happened the previous turn for everyone...such as what battles took place and between whom, what happened with your sieges, etc...

jhdeerslayer

Post by jhdeerslayer »

I noticed that there is no PBEM security either? I know the manual says there's a PW for Set Policy but that's all I can find.
Belphegor

Post by Belphegor »

ORIGINAL: Deerslayer

I noticed that there is no PBEM security either? I know the manual says there's a PW for Set Polcy but that's all I can find.

If you put a PW in there, it is asked for when you open your pbem turn...
jhdeerslayer

Post by jhdeerslayer »

Thanks Belphegor. I'll check that out.
HannoMeier

Post by HannoMeier »

The replay info is only shown in written reports. I might be spoiled by playing a lot of Uncommon Valor, but to get an idea about enemy behaviour in PBEM you should get a personalized replay, not only text reports. They come in extra in Uncommon Valor in addition to the (joint) turn replay.

Regards, Hanno

Return to “Crown of Glory”