Prompts don't always appear

Crown of Glory: Europe in the Age of Napoleon, the player controls one of the crowned potentates of Europe in the Napoleonic Era, wielding authority over his nation's military strategy, economic development, diplomatic relations, and social organization. It is a very thorough simulation of the entire Napoleonic Era - spanning from 1799 to 1820, from the dockyards in Lisbon to the frozen wastes of Holy Mother Russia.

Moderators: Gil R., ericbabe

tolstoy1812

Prompts don't always appear

Post by tolstoy1812 »

I've been playing around, battling the AI as France 1805 for a few turns, trying to figure the game out. I have observed two problems:
1. Although set so when I end the turn, I will get the prompt asking if I REALLY want to end the turn, it doesn't often prompt me. It seems random.
2. Although NOT set to always conduct quick combat, it almost always goes straight to quick combat, bypassing the prompt to choose detailed combat. Last time I played, I got the first battle in detailed, but the next, in the same turn, went straight to quick.

I may be missing something. I'm not yet finished reading the manual, all 100+ pages, yet. And this is my first time with this kind of game, where you have to worry about wine production in Provence, etc.[8|]
CS
Reg Pither

RE: Prompts don't always appear

Post by Reg Pither »

The only times that I haven't received an End of Turn verification prompt is at the end of the first turn after a reload of a saved game. This is a known bug which is being fixed.

Battles are always fought in Quick mode automatically when the number of troops on one side is fewer than 30,000. This is probably what you are experiencing.
tolstoy1812

RE: Prompts don't always appear

Post by tolstoy1812 »

Ah, that makes sense. Thank you.
CS

Return to “Crown of Glory”