Great Game...some ideas

Gary Grigsby's World At War gives you the chance to really run a world war. History is yours to write and things may turn out differently. The Western Allies may be conquered by Germany, or Japan may defeat China. With you at the controls, leading the fates of nations and alliances. Take command in this dynamic turn-based game and test strategies that long-past generals and world leaders could only dream of. Now anything is possible in this new strategic offering from Matrix Games and 2 by 3 Games.

Moderators: Joel Billings, JanSorensen

Mojo_582

Great Game...some ideas

Post by Mojo_582 »

Hi guys,new here obviously and ive been watching the posts here for nearly a month now (especially the mods section as im an avid modder of games),i played the original Axis and allies boardgame and also purchased the PC game also(along with over 200 recent PC titles lol),i like very much what gary has done with this game and see it as basically where the original A&A should have gone instead of the ridiculous catastrophy that was produced,i probably wont buy this version but am looking forward too garys next endeavour which im sure will meet expectations,gary if you are reading this perhaps take a look at this http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/warl ... tml#latest

I feel that this is more what turn based strategy gamers want perhaps,i and a few friends are looking at developing our own turn based strat game but i feel that the market has been covered so am looking at a similar turn based style though set in the middle ages (discussions still pending),hoping the link has helped give you ideas on what some players may wish in the next generation WaW series as the world map (for war leaders) is very similar too what i had planned in my initial drawings with the tech tree enabling actual vehicles (and their values) being added too the timeline of the game,the homepage is http://www.enigmasp.com/ but is still under construction,this is not a plug for this game as im only trying too point out the map/interface side of what enigma has done and the depth of gamplay that WaW has being possibly combined..well now that would be the perfect turnbased strat game i my mind,i would be happy too send you sketches gary of what i envision being the next generation WaW game.

email: Mojo_582@hotmail.com

"where angels fear too tread"
Mojo_582

RE: Great Game...some ideas

Post by Mojo_582 »

Please feel free too post replys guys too what you think of my ideas as far as what gary should do too improve the game and what you think of the War Leaders screenies in particular,do like?.. don't like? just like the WaW map interface as it is ect.

5cats

Post by 5cats »

It's kind of hard to get a sense of that game from those screens.
I think the WaW players are more interested in 'substance' than in 'eye candy'. Heck, I like to play Stars! which has almost zero eye candy, but lots of replay value :)
Of course GGWaW "could have" been better, but then it might not get released for another year! At some point the designers have to say "this is it!" and present a finished product, eh?
No Will but Thy Will
No Law but the Laws You make
Mojo_582

Post by Mojo_582 »

Yes i totally agree 5cats,a game definuitely has too have substance,i have been reading up on Warleaders and it dos'nt just seem too be only eye candy,it allows the player too allie with whom they wish if the player so wishes as there seems too be quite an in depth political system and if the player so wishes he can conqure the entire world muhahaha :) heres the link too their page http://www.warleaders-game.com/ but in saying that i do like what gary has done with WaW but wished (yea yea i do go on about this) that the map interface was more up too date with current 3D technology as it allows for a better user friendly interaction with the game.

The good news of course is that the team at WaW is adding TCP/IP/LAN too the game so for that reason im considering buying it alone,so many companies these days don't understand that a good proportion of players want too compete against each other in a campain setting these days,anyone else feel they have a veiw on what comapnies should plan for these days please make a comment.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's World at War”