OT:Lance "Freakin" Armstrong

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

captskillet

OT:Lance "Freakin" Armstrong

Post by captskillet »

.........that guy is incredible............ to overcome what he has and do what he has done [&o] & on top of it he's a Texan[;)] !!!!

PS............and he aint doin too bad in the girlfirnd dept either [8D] !
"Git thar fust with the most men" - Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest

usersatch

RE: OT:Lance "Freakin" Armstrong

Post by usersatch »

Let's hear it for EPO!!!!
kcflyer

Post by kcflyer »

EPO ? Lance has been tested more than any rider and never had a postive test. How about hard training and a lot of desire is why he is a winner !
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

Yeah, I hardly think there's any doubt about that.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
testarossa

Post by testarossa »

Isn't he Canadian? like all other exeptional Americans?[:D]
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

Nope! Like Skillet said, he's from Texas.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
testarossa

Post by testarossa »

I know. just buggin you all.[:)]
bradfordkay

Post by bradfordkay »

In one respect, I will say let's hear it for EPO. Lance did use it when undergoing chemotheray (almost all chemotherapy patients use it) because the chemotherapy itself reduces the red blood cell count. EPO is used by these patients to maintain some semblance of normal blood, and allowed him to continue to ride his bike while between sessions. Of course, he quit using it as soon as the chemotherapy ended, as all the doping tests have shown.

All the people crying that he is "Dopestrong" are just childish supporters of his rivals, unable to accept the fact that their heroes cannot beat this man from the US.

He is a freak of nature, having been shown to have the largest heart and lung capacity of any athlete ever tested (next was Big Mig, Miguel Indurain - the last man to win five Tours de France and the first one to win five in a row). Cyclists in America are all indebted to Lance, as his celebracy has gained us some improvement in being accepted out on the roads while we ride (even though he still has troubles with rednecks trying to run him off the roads near his home in Austin, Texas - can you believe it?).
fair winds,
Brad
testarossa

Post by testarossa »

All professionals use "vitamins" and “special” drugs to help with enormous amount of stress and physical pressure. If they get caught or not depends on the amount of money they spend to conceal this.

Look at the female heavy lifters; in dark alley i would think they are invading party of Vikings.

Remember Ben Johnson (famous canadian sprinter)? The difference between his result and results of other runners was the fraction of the second. He used doping, and other guys achieved almost the same result just pushing harder?

In English football the use of endorphins is widespread, American football - steroids are used profoundly.

Right now in China there is a special scientific facility employed solely in task of "developing new rehabilitation drugs" for sportsmen. In fact they study how "vitamins" behave in the body in conjunction with body biorhythms and other drugs, foods, drinks. Purpose? To fool the tests.

East Germany was an inventor of urine test substitute (special pump sucks out urine from the human body, and then they pump in "clean" urine). After that sportsman goes and deposits urine sample to laboratory by "natural" means. Worked in 1970-1980s flawlessly.

Amount of money in today’s sport and high prestige for participating nations made these people something else, but sportsmen. We don't call them professionals for no reason, right?
2gaulle

Post by 2gaulle »

never seen a more annoying tour de France [>:]
diesel7013

Post by diesel7013 »

The French Surrender Monkies [:D][:D] must just love an American, much less a TEXAN, winning their race for the last 7 years...

Just LUV it!!

We few, We happy few, We band of brothers
sterckxe

Post by sterckxe »

ORIGINAL: diesel7013
The French Surrender Monkies [:D][:D] must just love an American, much less a TEXAN, winning their race for the last 7 years...

In fact they did - going by the cheers that is - a real cyclism sportsfan reacts a bit like when you watch a baseball/basketball game between 2 teams that are not your favourite team : you applaud good play/moves/tactics by both sides.

Too bad Lance Armstrong never showed himself in the Classics, in 20 years time he'll be remembered as "Great", but not as a "Legend". Cyclism is a bit more than just 3 weeks in july in France.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx
Marc von Martial

Post by Marc von Martial »

Too bad Lance Armstrong never showed himself in the Classics, in 20 years time he'll be remembered as "Great", but not as a "Legend". Cyclism is a bit more than just 3 weeks in july in France.

Absolutely true. Not like an Eddie Merckx for example.

Armstron was dominating the Tour de France for seven times now. But aside from that you havn´t seen much of him in other classic races. I´m glad he retires now, well earned for him and finally it makes the Tour more interesting now.

My money is on Basso next year [:D] (maybe Rasmussen). Jan will be 2nd. And I hope I´ll see Zable again one more time. Shame on Team Telekom to leave him home. I hope he joins CSC now.
RBWhite

Post by RBWhite »

sterckxe

Post by sterckxe »

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck
My money is on Basso next year [:D] (maybe Rasmussen). Jan will be 2nd. And I hope I´ll see Zable again one more time. Shame on Team Telekom to leave him home. I hope he joins CSC now.

Hi Marc,

[didn't know you were into cycling :)]

Ulrich is always too late getting into shape - but at least he tried to attack Armstrong this year - scored some good points there.

Next year's race is going to be a lot better with more contenders - it'll be an open battle, but my money is on Basso too - with Armstrong gone, Ulrich will think it'll be a piece of cake and train to little.

Zabel is getting a bit too old for the sprints - my money is on Tom Boonen :)

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx
rtrapasso

Post by rtrapasso »

OK - i am curious: did Armstrong ever win a stage in this TdF?
sterckxe

Post by sterckxe »

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso
OK - i am curious: did Armstrong ever win a stage in this TdF?

Yes - the individual race against the clock last saturday

http://www.letour.fr/2005/TDF/LIVE/us/2000/index.html

And collectively - the team race against the clock somewhere at the very start of the tour.

There's no doubt that the best man has won, it's just a shame he never bothered with the classics - just one or two classic wins would have ensured his place with the all-time greats. To be the best only 3 weeks in the whole year doesn't suffice for that.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

usersatch

Post by usersatch »

Exactly!!! it is a commonly accepted idea that to compete professionally you have to be doping. To compete and win and you have to be doping and work hard and genetically gifted. No doubt Lance is all of these. The whole hypocrisy things annoys me...I could care less if you dope, just admit it and dont get on others for doing it.
ORIGINAL: testarossa

All professionals use "vitamins" and “special” drugs to help with enormous amount of stress and physical pressure. If they get caught or not depends on the amount of money they spend to conceal this.

Look at the female heavy lifters; in dark alley i would think they are invading party of Vikings.

Remember Ben Johnson (famous canadian sprinter)? The difference between his result and results of other runners was the fraction of the second. He used doping, and other guys achieved almost the same result just pushing harder?

In English football the use of endorphins is widespread, American football - steroids are used profoundly.

Right now in China there is a special scientific facility employed solely in task of "developing new rehabilitation drugs" for sportsmen. In fact they study how "vitamins" behave in the body in conjunction with body biorhythms and other drugs, foods, drinks. Purpose? To fool the tests.

East Germany was an inventor of urine test substitute (special pump sucks out urine from the human body, and then they pump in "clean" urine). After that sportsman goes and deposits urine sample to laboratory by "natural" means. Worked in 1970-1980s flawlessly.

Amount of money in today’s sport and high prestige for participating nations made these people something else, but sportsmen. We don't call them professionals for no reason, right?
kcflyer

Post by kcflyer »

So you claim Lance is a doper and is the only reason why he won seven in a row. Was Indirain a doper ? He won five in a row. Answer is no. Both of those men were tested more than any other riders and neither had a postive test. Its funny when Indirain who was a great rider was crushing every one, doping was hardley mentioned. Maybe cause he was from Spain and Lance is from the U.S.A. Its clear most Europeans do not like Lance and could not wait for him to retire so they could reclaim top spot in "their" sport.

Lance was tested more than any other rider in the past seven years during the tour and in the off season on suprise tests. Never did he test positive. Several riders tested postive during this tour. You will get caught if you dope sooner or later. I would say seven years of tests shows that Lance is not a doper. But I am an American and not a frenchy crying over ther lost victories !
RBWhite

Post by RBWhite »

I would think that after Lances life or death bout with cancer, about the only chemical substance in his system would be oral chemo cancer preventitive meds.

I don't really don't think he would be that stupid today, now. Although not too say that years back he may have taken something to increase his chances of devloping cancer.

LIVESTRONG

Rick White

Return to “General Discussion”