Repairing resources in minor bases

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

kkoovvoo

Repairing resources in minor bases

Post by kkoovvoo »

Hi,
I have problem how to repair resources in bases like Alor Star. I have eng. unit there, but even if i transport enough supplies there, these supplies are transported via railroad to other places like Singapore.
Is there any other way to keep supplies in the base than moving some huge army there?
Thanks
Gen.Hoepner

RE: Repairing resources in minor bases

Post by Gen.Hoepner »

IMHO do not waste supplies to repair resources facilities. It drains too many precious supplies and takes too much time. BTW, the best way to do that is to transfer the Souther Area HQ there and just wait.
You do not need engeneers to repair those things
rogueusmc

Post by rogueusmc »

yep...just costs supply.
There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

John III

Post by John III »

Glad to hear that. makes sense that the HQ units help to fix the things without the need of actual Eng Units.
Feinder

Post by Feinder »

Think about it this way.

If you repair a single resource point, it expends 1000 supplies.

That resource point, would generate 1 supply point per turn. So, not counting it's contribution to heavy industry, the expendature of 1000 supply to repair the resource, would take 1000 days for that resource to "pay for the cost of repairs". That's 3 years, before you see any benefit from it. And frankly, in 3 years, if you're Japan, you're going to have bigger problem than rejoicing over the fact that a resource point that you repaired in April 1942 has finally paid for itself in 1945.

-F-
"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

kkoovvoo

Post by kkoovvoo »

The resource center produces 1.25 resource point plus 1 supply point.

But you are right, it probably useless to repair it for 1000 supply points...

Thanks guys
Captain Cruft

Post by Captain Cruft »

I agree, it's not worth repairing Resource centres. Oil is a different matter though since it will give you 6 units of oil points for each point repaired.

The other thing to bear in mind is that Manpower centres require resources to operate properly. So, in some cases it might be worth it. Manpower becomes scarce as time goes on. See section 13.2.1 of the manual, it's basically a 2 - 1 ratio that's required (Resources to Manpower).

Return to “The War Room”