Manchuria and Japanese Resource Flow

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, JanSorensen

shilton2437

Manchuria and Japanese Resource Flow

Post by shilton2437 »

Not sure if this is a bug, a rule subtlety, or something else. But it seems that resources can flow for purposes of producing production points from mainland Asia to Japan without use of any transports, so long as Japan controls Manchuria (and the resource centers in Asia controlled by Japan can trace a land path to Manchuria, including the resources in Manchuria itself).

To be clear, in case it matters, I am playing with computer production, with advanced supply, with auto supply, and with area supply all on.

The resouces flow from and through Manchuria even when Japan itself is entirely surrounded by US fleets. The Linked Resources Centers cell of the Resource Flow section of the Production Summary screen shows resource centers controlled by Japan in Manchuria and other Asian regions that can trace a normal land route to Manchuria, even when Japan has no transports in sea areas linking it to Asia, and even when these sea ares are filled with US fleets. It is as if Manchuria is part of Japan proper.

I came across this in some experiments I was undertaking to try and understand just how production, resource, and supply rules work (which is still a bit of a mystery).

I do not see this when Japan is cut off from other overseas resource centers that it controls, such as in the Dutch East Indies. In those cases when the transports connecting the resource center to Japan disappear, the value in the Linked Resources Centers cell of the Resource Flow section in the Production Summary screen declines.

Has anyone else come across this? By the way, it means Japan can invade Russia and not worry about eventually getting cut off from the resource centers it captures there by the U.S. Navy.
strand
JanSorensen

RE: Manchuria and Japanese Resource Flow

Post by JanSorensen »

The linked resource center number isnt an accurate gauge of your actual production.

Try this. Take the WA. Dont link the British Islands to any outside resources - but link the rest of the US/CW resources. As all resources can trace to *some* factory they appear as linked but when you get the actual production there still are not any resources that trace to the UK.

I am fairly sure thats the same you have described. In no case should it mean that actual production is wrong - only that the "Linked Resource" number does not equal the number of matched different factories + resources.
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

The resources will not actually be usable by mainland Japanese factories if not connected via transport. However, since they are connected to a Japanese nationality factory (Manchuria) they are not listed as isolated. I think they will also count for victory purposes as long as they are linked to a factory. You need to take Manchuria to eliminate these resources for victory purposes.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
shilton2437

Post by shilton2437 »

Thanks Jan and Joel. I think you are really saying the same thing. It makes sense, and I will give it a try.

strand

Return to “Gary Grigsby's World at War - Support”