Copying game to disk???

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.
GBS

Copying game to disk???

Post by GBS »

After i purchased COG through degital download, is there a way to save the file by burning to a disk to save in case of emergencies? If so please give detailed instructions as I am not real sure where to find the properfiles since it is already on my computer.

Also, can the complete game be downloaded again later by using my serial number?

Thanks for the help and advice.
"It is well War is so terrible lest we grow fond of it." -
R. E. Lee

"War..god help me, I love it so." - G. Patton
PDiFolco

RE: Copying game to disk???

Post by PDiFolco »

You just have to copy the downloaded file to a CD (or DVD or whatever) in "data files" mode, what's the issue ?
[&:]
PDF
Guderon

Post by Guderon »

ORIGINAL: PDiFolco

You just have to copy the downloaded file to a CD (or DVD or whatever) in "data files" mode, what's the issue ?
[&:]
Yep, it's just another data file. You just burn it onto CD (or DVD) just like you would any other data file. I also make a text file with the game's serial number in it and burn that along with the game file. I don't know about anyone else, but with the increasing number of games I'm purchasing by digital download, it's getting increasingly worrisome that I may lose some serial numbers if I don't do this.
donkuchi19

Post by donkuchi19 »

Good idea about the text file. I never thought of that. Thanks.
Budge4

Post by Budge4 »

Yep ive always burnt txt file with serial num onto disk also, write em down and eventually they will go missing.

Yes you can go to www.findmyorder.com put in your details ie email addy, last 5 digits of credit card you bought game with and you will see list of the games you have bought with a link to download again if you want, think you have about 30 days or so from date of purchase.

I downloaded my games a couple of times because new patches were released for some of the games i had within the 30 days of me purchaseing them and the digital download usually gets the patch incorporated into it, just saved me having to patch it by downloading the full updated version again. You still use your original serial number.

Budge

Return to “Crown Of Glory Support”