v 1.3 strategy

Matrix Games and Simulations Canada combine and completely remake two classic NATO vs. Warsaw Pact wargames into a new classic. Based on the original wargames “Main Battle Tank: North Germany” and “Main Battle Tank: Central Germany”, Flashpoint Germany is a new grand tactical wargame of modern combat. Every aspect of modern grand tactical warfare is included, from advanced armor, air and helicopters to chemical and tactical nuclear weapons. Step into the most dangerous war.. . that never was.

Moderators: IronManBeta, CapnDarwin

Poliorcetes

v 1.3 strategy

Post by Poliorcetes »

ok, playing my first PBEM under 1.3 I am seeing a change in unit reaction time. I just had a WP unit show up 1 square away from 3 fresh units on Hold. The WP unit moved into my square and then into the next square beyond before anyone fired. In fact WP artillery hit my unit before it ever shot at the WP unit (and we all know how slow WP artillery used to be). This is making overrun attacks much easier for the WP. Not saying this is bad, but I don't recall having this much delay in shooting on defense. Just something you need to factor in now.
I have also noticed that on Call artillery (nato and WP) are using a wider variety of munitions (ie. I had Nato fire a Minelet and WP use smoke when all I've ever seen up to this point has been plain explosives or gas).
Anyone else noticing changes?

Poliorcetes
CapnDarwin

RE: v 1.3 strategy

Post by CapnDarwin »

Arty in 103 was given a better chance to use other types of ammo. So you will see the occasional smoke and mine dropped in. For 104 a slight reduction in WP smoke percentage will be made. It is a bit on the high side now after some reading so Rob is bumping it down. It is possible to fail and see a unit close by. In a couple cases working on a new scenario the indication of a nearby enemy was the rounds of arty slamming in because a recce unit had seen me an not the other way around. It can happen. It is also possible it is a function of a LOS bug that was found. Rob has that squashed for 104 as well.

Happy Hunting.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
Poliorcetes

Post by Poliorcetes »

my latest experience with 1.3
It does seem that the ability to choose multiple off board artillery units at once for a single order has disappeared.
Ai still charging ahead. I just played Scen 6 Main Force Attack as WP and won in the first few turns because Nato charged my organizing forces. Yet the only Victory Points are in Nato's initial startup area.
Units that run out of a certain artillery ammo type need to revert to Counterbattery or something. They just get stuck on "barrage but out of ammo" and are useless until a new order is given.

Still seeing units move 1-2 squares past each other before firing.

Poliorcetes
haard

Post by haard »

ORIGINAL: Poliorcetes
It does seem that the ability to choose multiple off board artillery units at once for a single order has disappeared.
Aye [:(]
Ai still charging ahead.
Units that run out of a certain artillery ammo type need to revert to Counterbattery or something.
Aye!

IronManBeta

Post by IronManBeta »

Ah my friend, you do have an eye for detail don't you? I will put all this on the to do list to revisit.

The AI will indeed still charge out of its positions once in a while. This is deliberate to keep the other player on his toes if you are playing with full FOW. A spoiling attack like that actually can be devastating if it hits at just the right time and the other side can't quite react to it in time.

Cheers, Rob.

my latest experience with 1.3
Ai still charging ahead. I just played Scen 6 Main Force Attack as WP and won in the first few turns because Nato charged my organizing forces. Yet the only Victory Points are in Nato's initial startup area.
Units that run out of a certain artillery ammo type need to revert to Counterbattery or something. They just get stuck on "barrage but out of ammo" and are useless until a new order is given.

Poliorcetes

Return to “FlashPoint Germany”