German Artillery

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design and general game modding. The graphics and scenarios are easily modifiable. Discuss your experiements in this area and get tips and advice!

Moderators: Joel Billings, JanSorensen

Daykeras

German Artillery

Post by Daykeras »

Well since this is such a small modification, maybe a larger mod like 1939 or something will pick it up.

I'd like to see the German Flak have higher starting Anti-Ground than the German Artillery...

See, the German 88-Flak was the best Anti-Tank and Anti-Personel artillery piece.

While we're at it, the Russian Tank is way too weak. It needs higher defense. Much much much higher defense. Russians were always one to have heavy tanks, and they had the largest until Germany built the Maus. Even then their tanks had more armor than a Tiger tank, which was a huge turning point in the invasion.

I realize their armor starts out higher anyways, but maybe it's just not helping because during most invasions of Russia I see the tanks get mauled and do almost no damage back, whereas they should just have less tanks to start with, and the tanks they do have do have don't get destroyed nearly as quickly.

But if no one wants to pick these small changes up I'd like to know how to do it myself.
5cats

RE: German Artillery

Post by 5cats »

Russia had tons of tanks in the early days of the invasion. A few weeks later, GONE! lol!
While many were indeed superiour to the German panzers, most were lightly armed & armoured and destroyed in swarms. Also their moral was really poor! I wonder why?
The guns on the Tiger, Tiger II and even the Panther were vastly superiour to anything the Russians had before late 1944. The optics were by far the best of any army, and they could use that longer range with great accuracy. Even on the Mk III, or AT guns.
Don't forget, Arty, Flak, Mech and even Inf are assumed to have a mixture of weapons incorperated into their att/def factors. Thus there are some sorts of artillery in all those units, just a LOT more in the Arty :)
No Will but Thy Will
No Law but the Laws You make
Fallshirmjager

RE: German Artillery

Post by Fallshirmjager »

guess im going to try and correct you guys but the 88 flak was meant as an anti aircraft gun. flak is short for Flugabwehrkanone iwhich means anti aircraft gun. they were laoded with shells that exploded at certain altitudes. aimed at allied bombers. the ground version like the one in call of duty on the foy and italy maps is im guessing the pak 88 or Panzerabwehrkanone the most well known anti tankgun. arty im assuming by the icon isnt either of these 88s. and the flak icon represents what looks like a flak 30. the arty icon looks more like a howitzer actually the leFH18. and as far as the mark 1-3 they couldnt compare to the T-34s. the panther tank was the mark 4 it didnt start seeing action in mass numbers untill 1942 and the tigers werent put into production untill spring of 42 either. the battle of kursk Operation Citadel proved the might of the panzern against the soviet t-34s and kv-1 and 2's. it wasnt that the panzers were a better machine actuallty russian tanks were better. but the russian tank crews were green while the panzer divisions were veterans and the germans knew how to blitzkreig. but after 42 it became a war of attritition and the germans lost due to quantity over quality.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”