Has AI been improved enough to buy it?

Matrix Games and Simulations Canada combine and completely remake two classic NATO vs. Warsaw Pact wargames into a new classic. Based on the original wargames “Main Battle Tank: North Germany” and “Main Battle Tank: Central Germany”, Flashpoint Germany is a new grand tactical wargame of modern combat. Every aspect of modern grand tactical warfare is included, from advanced armor, air and helicopters to chemical and tactical nuclear weapons. Step into the most dangerous war.. . that never was.

Moderators: IronManBeta, CapnDarwin

Error in 0

Has AI been improved enough to buy it?

Post by Error in 0 »

Hello
I have read some posts here complaining about the AI is such a way that they are an absolute no-buy issue for me. (see "it is dissapointing") I will probably never play by mail, so the AI is very important to me. But the developers have indicated a vastly improved AI in the patches. Is it true; do you think the AI has become a decent AI (not neccesserarly an impossible-to-beat AI), worth the money?

Regards
JT
Erik Rutins

RE: Has AI been improved enough to buy it?

Post by Erik Rutins »

The most significant AI improvements are actually about to be released in v1.03, which should be out tonight with any luck. I'd say check back in a few days and there should be some impressions regarding that.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
nukkxx5058

Post by nukkxx5058 »

Hi, there are still isues with the game (not only AI but mainly in my point of view the "sudden death".
However, the next patch which is expected those days should fix lots of issues. Read the post about patch 1.03.

Too few maps is a problem for me but there is a powerfull scenario editor, so it compenate a bit.

Personally, I love this game and I consider it as matrix' best game so far. Please note that there are not only AI and PBEM but also TCP/IP games which allows you to play a full game online.

Do what you want of course, but I think it would be a pity not play the game. There are so few games of this quality and about modern conflicts (WW3)
Winner of the first edition of the Command: Modern Operations COMPLEX PBEM Tournament (IKE) (April 2022) :-)
GreenDestiny

Post by GreenDestiny »

I'll be watching. The AI has improve in the last patch, But not by that much. I hope number 3 will break it. If so then let's the battles begain.[;)]

Return to “FlashPoint Germany”