Patches?

Gary Grigsby's World At War gives you the chance to really run a world war. History is yours to write and things may turn out differently. The Western Allies may be conquered by Germany, or Japan may defeat China. With you at the controls, leading the fates of nations and alliances. Take command in this dynamic turn-based game and test strategies that long-past generals and world leaders could only dream of. Now anything is possible in this new strategic offering from Matrix Games and 2 by 3 Games.

Moderators: Joel Billings, JanSorensen

ess1

Patches?

Post by ess1 »

I am awaiting delivery of game from an ebay seller and have two questions:
1. Does the latest patch include the other/s and
2. If the programme has already been registered is ther a way around this Matrix please?. Yes, I know that I'm a bit paranoic...

thanks for any info.
Tac2i

RE: Patches?

Post by Tac2i »

If the game you bought on eBay is like the two or three others I've read about here, it is pirated software and will not have a serial number which means you won't be able to install any of the patches. If that is the case, you have been ripped off by that eBay seller.

Per the answer below, you only need the lastest patch. Another patch will likely be released this week and perhaps yet another near the end of June that will contain the TCP/IP online play feature.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
MButtazoni

Post by MButtazoni »

You will need a Serial Number to install and play the game. did the eBay seller provide this?

ANy patch for GGWAW (1.016, 1.033, and the upcoming 1.040) contains all previous patches. ie. you only need to install the latest available patch to get to the current version.
Maurice Buttazoni
Project Coordinator, Playtest Coordinator

ess1

Post by ess1 »

Thank you both for prompt and helpful replies. I shall have to wait[8|]
carnifex

Post by carnifex »

yeah make sure you get the serial number - you can download the patches without it but you need it to install them

Return to “Gary Grigsby's World at War”