The problem with long waits...

Empires in Arms is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. Empires in Arms is a seven player game of grand strategy set during the Napoleonic period of 1805-1815. The unit scale is corps level with full diplomatic options

Moderator: MOD_EIA

Forward_March

The problem with long waits...

Post by Forward_March »

A few years back, I'd told my then fiance', that what really would have made me happy was a wargame where you could fight Jutland, Tshushima, and many of the great battles at sea before the advent of the aircraft carrier.

Finally, one day I found a site purporting to be creating just such a game. I joined it's forum, posted my interest and waited eagery...and waited...and waited...till finally one day I just lost interest. The game is still out there...downloadable after paying something like 100 bucks. It was a privately developed affair that had everything except visual beauty...something I never needed. Still, I haven't downloaded it despite the fact that I'm replaying games that are long past their use-by date.

I'm not threatening not to buy EIA. YOu just never know when one of us doddering online entities will finally get into golf or tiddlywinks. I'd go the tiddlywinks first, though...cause I'd rather watch paint dry than play golf;)
Hanal

RE: The problem with long waits...

Post by Hanal »

Had you gone to HPS, you would have found a Jutland and Tshushima title....[:)]

Forward_March

RE: The problem with long waits...

Post by Forward_March »

That, kind sir, is just the game. I'd first discovered it some four years ago while still in it's development phase.

Return to “Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815”