Need help with Banzai

These new expansions from X1 Software add dynamic campaigns and nearly three thousand missions between them to your IL2 Sturmovik, Forgotten Battles, Ace Expansion Pack and Pacific Fighters. The incredible depth and replayability of these new add-ons will give you a very long lasting experience.
Faust

Need help with Banzai

Post by Faust »

How do you install and run Banzai? I have FB/AEP/PF merged but when I installed Banzai there's no launch icon to run it. Am I doing something wrong?
Hard Sarge

RE: Need help with Banzai

Post by Hard Sarge »

Hi
don't think you need anything to run the program, as such

once it is installed, run the normal start for the PF , then either start a new campaign and look under USN/IJN for the campaign, or go to single missions and pick which mission you want to try

LOL I pick a mission at random, and it was a base transfer mission, take off from here, fly to there and land !, oh joy

doing well in my Wake Island life, strange, had trouble with the Vals, but toar up the Betties, most fun was the 2 plane patrol, to chase down two Mavis flying boats

Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

hmmm, one thing that is strange to fly the IJN campaign, you need to go to the IJA ? to start it

Attachments
zero2.jpg
zero2.jpg (69.62 KiB) Viewed 121 times
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

only 2 foes in the air in the first mission, a raid on Guam, lots of targets on the ground though, seen DC-3s (C-47s) P-40s and P-39s

hmm hint, a P-39 (or in this case P-400s shouldnt try and loop a Zero, even if he still has a bomb attached)

Attachments
zero3.jpg
zero3.jpg (14.97 KiB) Viewed 121 times
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

ahhh, just love this trick with the AI, just climb and fly a circle, over and over again, no matter what plane, of course, the trick is to turn your back on them, and they will turn to engage as soon as you start you break, a Split S with a following turn or a loop with a half roll at the top works wonders

Attachments
zero4.jpg
zero4.jpg (30.03 KiB) Viewed 120 times
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

as you can see, I finally found the bomb release button (wasn't my normal stick set up)

at the end I Was just sight seeing, and well, you can see what happens when you just go joyriding with the top down

Attachments
zero5.jpg
zero5.jpg (44.33 KiB) Viewed 120 times
saunders

Post by saunders »

Help, I'm having the same trouble as Faust. I have the complete merged install FB+AEP+PF and all patched up through 3.04m. I have no launch button. And no, there is no campaign in any country file, and no missions in the singles files. I tried installing it to the default folder, and direct into IL2Forgetten Battles. The files are in the program folder, but nothing in game. Really, any suggestions will be most appreciated.

Thanks.
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

hmmm this is strange

did you look under the mission folder, then the country ?

IE US

I show a folder with a Banzai name on it

did you run the patches from the game ?

check to see if you have the 303M and the 304M patches on your puter and rerun them if you did
(the patches that come with the game are 303 and 304)

if that dont help keep asking

HARD_Sarge
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

2nd idea, can you start IL-2 normally ?

if you can, then the missions should be in the normal campaign/mission set up

if you can't start up IL-2, I think you may of run the patches that came with the game, those are just for PF standalone

let me know one way or another

HARD_Sarge
aimosika

Post by aimosika »

Same problem here, FB/AEP/PF 3.04m installed. No way to find/start BANZAI campaign in game even I can find the folder:

D:\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\Missions\Campaign\JA\BANZAI_JA

Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

okay I am confused here

so lets go step by step and make sure we on the same page (sorry if it sounds dumb)

1 (of course) start IL-2

2 get/make pilot

3 go to full missions

4 click side till IJA comes up

5 there should be a list labeled BANZAI-JA

the same should be there under USN

for a campaign

1 start/get a pilot, click on campaign

2 click on new

got to either IJA or USN

you should see a label, USNAF vs IJA

for the US you will also see BANZAI-SBD3

still think the install auto runs the patches that come with the game, and these are not the Merge patches, and I think that may be knocking something out of wack, try reinstalling 303m and 304m

over all, I am a little disappointed in BANZAI, it is no where close to TLDs, and while there may be some grammer mistakes in TLDs, they are easy to overlook, but ZERO campaigns being listed under the IJA ?, and no where have I ever seen the NAVY reported as the USNAF

let me know if this is what you are seeing in your game, hopefully we can figure it out

HARD_Sarge
aimosika

Post by aimosika »

Does not work.

When I create new career and choose IJA only "Imperial Japanese Army Fighter" is on the list.

I also tried to copy this BANZAI_JA folder to upper level at
D:\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\Missions\Campaign\

But no luck.

Fortunately MP COOPs are in right place and working.
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

hmmm again

okay I got
IL-2/Missions/Campaign/JA/BANZAI_JA

and

IL-2/Missions/Campaign/UN/BANZAI_USN and BANZAI_USN_Bomber

not to beat a dead horse, but did you try reinstalling the 2 patches 303m and 304m

I think the game auto installs the patches that come with the game and they are 303 and 304

I had to reinstall the merdge patches to get the game to work

HARD_Sarge
saunders

Post by saunders »

Hey Hard Sarge, thanks for helping out! Nope, nothing anywhere. I download (and build) a lot of missions, and have alot of campaigns loaded, but nada on Banzai. I suspect you are correct on the patches. The thing is, the game works fine so I don't think the add-on auto loaded the nonmerge patches. I get a pop up during install that asks me to install 3.03 and 3.04, and it says it won't run without them, but I declined to do so because I'm afraid it will muck up my install because of the 3.03m and 3.04m. So, I was hoping someone who has the merged install and is patched through to 3.04m, could tell me if it was OK to go ahead and install the nonmerge patches anyway. If all that does is allow Banzai to load into the game, great. If it completely hoses my current set up, no way. And I'm afraid to try it just in case it all goes blooey!

Thanks again for any insights.
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

Your welcome, just wish any of my ideas would of been of help

if you have enough room, copy your IL-2 folder (if you got a lot in it, like Aces and stuff, it will take a while)

then try it with the copy, that way if it dont work, you still got the good one to fall back on

for me, it killed my copy, and I had to reinstall the whole thing (I was then able to copy over my pilots, so I didn't really lose anything but time)

yes, I had seen something where it asked if I wanted to install the patches, and I said no, but I also, seen during the install, the patches being loaded

funny, we not heard from any one from Banzai or Matrix on this, maybe it needs to be posted in the bug section

HARD_Sarge
saunders

Post by saunders »

Hey Sarge, thanks for trying ! I did post it in the bug section, but I forgot to mention which add on, so, nothing so far. I started to make a back up yesterday, but needed the PC and it was taking forever. I have thousands of skins and several hundred missions, plus alot of tied-in utilities, etc. But I will try to copy it this weekend and try it with that and see what happens.

Later, m8.
Kamikaze*

Post by Kamikaze* »

This is sounding like the install just got crumped. Its been a week or so since I first read your posts . . so I dont recall . . but have you tried re-installing Banzai? It certainly wont hurt anything. And if you want to cautions AND sure . . extract Banzai to a temporary location (just install it to a place other than where your game exists). Then you can manually copy the folders/files to your games location.

NOTE : If you do not want to get stuck with background graphics from these addon packs this is what you need to do (course Banzai was the first Id seen that gave us a choice). You can then look in the folders at the TGA's and pick-N-choose which ones you want :) Same with the music.

FYI

Kamikaze*
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

yea but Kami (I can call you Kami ?)

we got at least 3 people with the same hassle, and I had it when I installed the game also, seems to be pushing it a bit for 4 bad installs

intermacgod

Post by intermacgod »

hello to all
i also am having trouble with banzai,it installs fine and it is exactly were it should be.
but it is no were to be found in missions or campains.
does anyone no what s going on and can help,i have reinstalled fb+aep+pf with no luck.
i now am going to try just standalone install of pf and see if i can see banzai.
intermacgod

Post by intermacgod »

ok i have installed banzai with PF standalone and it works fine.
so the problem is FB+AEP+PF+banzai so has anyone been able to see banzai in this order that works and if they have i would like to no if i can load FB+OB+BOE+AEP+PF+BANZAI+TLD+CASE.
help on this matter would be appreciated.

Return to “Banzai!, Case Blue, The Last Days IL2 Expansion Packs”