I have War in the Pacific

Uncommon Valor: Campaign for the South Pacific covers the campaigns for New Guinea, New Britain, New Ireland and the Solomon chain.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Tankerace, siRkid

sfbaytf

I have War in the Pacific

Post by sfbaytf »

Is it worth it to get UV? If so why and what would I gain by getting UV?
rogueusmc

RE: I have War in the Pacific

Post by rogueusmc »

UV is the little brother...if ya want it, buy it...support these guys who made WitP for you. I have had WitP since day 2 and had an enjoyable UV game still going until Rocco won January 1st 1943 two days ago. It is a smaller, more relaxed game that I still enjoy.
There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

crsutton

Post by crsutton »

My only real gripe about WITP is that there are not enough small to mid sized scenarios. The game really focuses on the big-and I mean big, campaigns. I am sure this will change and some user made scenarios are bound to pop up. UV does offer some greater plability due to the size and scope of the theater vs WITP.

However, if you cut your teeth on WITP, it might be hard to adapt to UV (good as it is). Sort of like sleeping with Kathy Bates after you just have spent three months sleeping with Penelope Cruz.[;)]
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
Otto20000

Post by Otto20000 »

If I was you I would go ahead and get UV. Its just a fun game and classic that will be on your hard drive for a long time. Both are awesome games and I play both all the time. The UV scenario in WITP is just not the same as UV to me. UV has more detail.

Return to “Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific”