MAP EDITOR RELEASED!

Supremacy: Four Paths To Power is the ultimate test of survival for sci-fi, turn-based strategists.
K. Thor Jensen

MAP EDITOR RELEASED!

Post by K. Thor Jensen »

Sorry for the delay - we've finally released the map editing tools. Those of you complaining that the game is too easy or too hard - now you can make and play customized maps to give you a different level of challenge. It's a fun, robust tool - look for a few new maps from us here at Blackhammer next week, and we'd love to see what you come up with as well.

Get it here: Supremacy Game - Downloads

Best,
K. Thor Jensen
Producer, Black Hammer Game
K. Thor Jensen
www.supremacygame.com
Husker50

RE: MAP EDITOR RELEASED!

Post by Husker50 »

I downloaded the map editor and unzipped it to the Supremacy directory, when I try to run Spaceeditor or Mapeditor they flash a dos box and then terminate. Am I doing something wrong?
praetorblue

Post by praetorblue »

Hi Husker50,

The map editors use the Java runtime environment (JRE), so you need to have that installed. You can download it from java.sun.com.

Regards,
Vance
Vance Vagell
Programmer
Black Hammer Game
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

A slightly more user-friendly site is just http://java.com. It will check your Java version and let you download the latest if you are out of date or don't have Java runtime installed.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
wjm11656

Post by wjm11656 »

I am having the same problem. Went to java.com - downloaded jre and restarted computer. Went back to sight and tested installation by viewing animation - no problem. However when I try to open the mapeditor it still goes to a dos window that closes immediately. Any ideas?

Has anyone gotten the editor to run that has downloaded it?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Walt

Walt
Tuang

Post by Tuang »

Hi,
I think this might help,
after you download the mapeditor you will get the folder /tool right?
the only place you should put that folder for the mapeditor to work is under your Supremacy root folder!
ex. Program Files/Supremacy_1.005/tool

It needs to see other folder such as /maps and /media to get the tools to work.

Hope that this helps.
-tuang
wjm11656

Post by wjm11656 »

Tried what you suggested - did not work. But as we are on the subject of paths - let me tell you how Supremacy installed in case thats important.

Main Folder for Supremacy is: 'c:\Matrix Games\Supremacy Four Paths To Power'
not in Program files
When i unloaded the map utility from the zip it created a folder under Supremacy's root folder called Supremacy_Mapeditor. No luck running from that.
I did what you suggested and moved the tools folder and all of its content out fo this folder and directly under the root for Supremacy - no luck either.
I have tried some other combos and no luck.

Not sure if it is important but Java is installed in c:\Program Files\Java
It contains two folders j2re1.4.2 and jre1.5.0_02
I am running windows XP - the test on java.com worked to show I had a good install.

Any other suggestions?

BTW - I am enjoying the game and while the AI never does quite as well as I do at expanding I have found some maps play better than others. A map like Journey which gives the AI more time before we have contact has provided the best game so far. I do like larger maps and I am looking forward to being able to create some.

Also - do you know of anyone hosting a site where player created maps can be found?

Walt
Walt
theswitch

Post by theswitch »

yea can't get it working ether, I used the java online update file and it said I got the latest version, also I have run many java apps before on my computer and the starting files always show a java icon and are usally a .jar file not an exe, the exe files do not have any icon just to let you know

do all the files have to be in the root folder, or should they stay in the seperate folders that they unziped into the supremacy directory?

Tuang

Post by Tuang »

This is the folder setting from my computer

\Supremacy_1.005\tools\maphelper
\Supremacy_1.005\tools\spacemaphelper

the ground map helper must be on that setting to run in relative path to see the \media and \maps :D
but the space map helper can run out side of that setting.
If you can't run it, it probably be some other problem.
And I think I found the reason that you guys can't run the program and I have told Thor and he'll fix it for you real soon. [;)]

have fun making maps.. :D

-tuang
theswitch

Post by theswitch »

so there is a map editor fix on the way?
kifvan

Post by kifvan »

OK, I am having the same exact difficulty, using Windows XP and having installed both jdk1.5.0_03 and jre1.5.0_03.

I have placed the unpackaging from the Supremacy_Mapeditor.zip file into my folder for Supremacy:

C:\Games\Supremacy Four Paths To Power\

If you run the program from a command prompt, you can see the error (instead of the window automatically closing).

When I run

C:\Games\Supremacy Four Paths To Power\tools\maphelper\MapHelper.exe

from the command prompt, I get:

Class not found: mapApplication

which doesn't make sense because mapApplication.java is in the directory.

If I type at the command prompt:

java mapApplication.java

I get:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: mapApplication/java

If I type:

java -jar nanoxml-2.2.3.jar

I get:

Invalid or corrupt jarfile nanoxml-2.2.3.jar

Just as by double clicking the file I get:

Invalid or corrupt jarfile C:\Games\Supremacy Four Path To Power\tools\maphelper\nanoxml-2.2.3.jar

in a Java Virtual Machine Launcher error window.

For the spacemaphelper SpaceEditor.exe I get the same results:

Class not found: smApplication

I have no idea how to fix it. Problems are with finding class mapApplication and smApplication. Also, there maybe a problem with the .jar for maphelper.

Having a map editor for this game would add tons of value due to the limited number of unrandomized maps available. I really do hope that somehow it will work.

Thanks,
Keith
Thanks,
Keith
praetorblue

Post by praetorblue »

Hi kifvan and others,

I am sorry to hear you folks are having problems with the map editors. I've discussed it with our content designer, and a solution is in the works. He has the map editors working on his machine, so we need to get an archive of that setup to you folks. I appologize for the delay.

- Vance
Vance Vagell
Programmer
Black Hammer Game
K. Thor Jensen

Post by K. Thor Jensen »

OK! A corrected version of the map editor has been released - please delete your previous download and re-download. Because of a miscommunication here, the wrong files were released. Everything should work fine now, sorry for the misunderstanding.
K. Thor Jensen
www.supremacygame.com

Return to “Supremacy: Four Paths To Power”