Is the "Dissapearing Commanders" Issue Fixed?

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Treetop64

Is the "Dissapearing Commanders" Issue Fixed?

Post by Treetop64 »

In ver. 1.4, I kept losing TF commanders once I disbanded the TF. They completely vanished from the pool, from the game entirely!

Didn't see a fix for this in the Read-Me file. Has this been fixed?

"Please God, say 'Yes'".
harrer

RE: Is the "Dissapearing Commanders" Issue Fixed?

Post by harrer »

There is an other thread "leader bug" .. see if it answers to your question

Harrer [;)]
Treetop64

Post by Treetop64 »

Thanks, Harrer, but that thread doen't answer my question. I'm specifically asking about what happens to the TF commander once that TF is disbanded upon reching it's destination.

I had instances where once the TF reaches it's destination port and disbands, the TF commander dissapears from the game. He's not on any ship, and he's no longer in the pool, either. He simply vanishes, you know, like a fart in the wind.

I was wondering if ver 1.5 fixed this, since it's not mentioned in the read-me file that came with the patch.
pasternakski

Post by pasternakski »

If you're worried about this, just replace the TF commander with either someone you don't care about losing or with the captain of the TF flagship before you disband it.

I have never seen this as an aspect of the leader bug problem. The leader losses I have seen occur without reference to forming or disbanding TFs.
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
Charles2222

Post by Charles2222 »

Oh yeah, he's right, it happened all the time, only I thought they might re-appear the next business day, and since I thought that this was the problem I only casually checked into whether they re-appeared or not later(casually - as in trying to remember the incomprehensible Japanese name and not write it down).
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

When my TF suddenly is commanded by a "Staff Officer", I think things have gotten to bad for the previous guy and he has retired (or had a heart attack).
So while a decision is made as to who will lead in his place, the TF is commanded by a Staffer. Sometimes, an in-game leader will take his place during the resolution phase.[:D]

I think that these stand-in leaders no longer say W/O but "Staff Officer" with ??/?? as their skills.

Note:
My experience has been that if you are unlucky to have a TF with a TF commander of "Staff Officer", do not click on it to change him. This seems to lead to a CTD sometimes. This seems to be rare but it can happen.
[Most likely due to the skills being unknown and the program trying to decide what sort of leader he his to display on Leader Assignment screen.]

If you are unfortunate to get a Staff Officer as TF leader, try disbanding TF and then building new one with a proper leader.

Michael
Michael
PeteG662

Post by PeteG662 »

I will be sure to look for this as I progress through the game again. Believe me, if I see leaders start to disappear again, there will be posts here.

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”