Feel the force young jedi and die

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

freeboy

Feel the force young jedi and die

Post by freeboy »

Anybody else hitting the first showing?
"Tanks forward"
Brady

RE: Feel the force young jedi and die

Post by Brady »

I am going to see it to be shure but Likely not on day one.

I heard that they may make the Last three, that spielberg may get involved it it, anyone else hear about this?

[center]Image[/center]

Beta Team Member for:

WPO
PC
CF
AE
WiTE

Obi-wan Kenobi said it best: A lot of the reality we perceive depend on our point of view
Charles2222

Post by Charles2222 »

ORIGINAL: Brady

I am going to see it to be shure but Likely not on day one.

I heard that they may make the Last three, that spielberg may get involved it it, anyone else hear about this?

Lucas said he definitely would not. He wants to get into making movies which nobody will see (indys). He said he wanted to do that originally with Star Wars but it somehow blossomed. This was an interview on 60 Minutes.
Hertston

Post by Hertston »

ORIGINAL: Charles_22

He wants to get into making movies which nobody will see (indys).

If this one is as awful as the last two, he could do that and STILL make Star Wars pictures. [:D]

The kiddie wants to see it otherwise I doubt I'd bother. Star Wars should have been left in the late 70s/early 80s where it belongs.
Charles2222

Post by Charles2222 »

ORIGINAL: Hertston
ORIGINAL: Charles_22

He wants to get into making movies which nobody will see (indys).

If this one is as awful as the last two, he could do that and STILL make Star Wars pictures. [:D]

The kiddie wants to see it otherwise I doubt I'd bother. Star Wars should have been left in the late 70s/early 80s where it belongs.

I think Lucas latter trilogy, would've been far better remembered if he had done the last trilogy instead, since you already know much of the future when doing the first set now. Yeah, I remember the tension of really wondering whether Vader was his father and what not and all the possible angles that could take. You don't have a lot of tension when you already know whether the main characters survive or not. Sure Vader wouldn't have been in the last trilogy (unless there was flashbacks to Vader's past) but at least you would have no idea what happens. The current trilogy loses a lot of tension and basically becomes an exercise in details.

Even doing the trilogies the way Lucas did, if he had at least the last half of Phantom Menace with Vader in uniform, and just stretched out details of Vader's past between all the current trilogy movies (while leaving punk kid details in flashback only) it might had worked just as well as making the middle trilogy with Vader dying, followed by largely new actors in the last 3 movies.
Brady

Post by Brady »

Was this a recent Interview?,seams to me I heard they might do the last three not to long ago...
[center]Image[/center]

Beta Team Member for:

WPO
PC
CF
AE
WiTE

Obi-wan Kenobi said it best: A lot of the reality we perceive depend on our point of view
Charles2222

Post by Charles2222 »

ORIGINAL: Brady

Was this a recent Interview?,seams to me I heard they might do the last three not to long ago...

I saw this on 60 Minutes not more than a month ago. I don't think it's a repeat episode either, because the only reason I watched it was despite my great lack of tv watching I saw a commercial about it.
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

While I agree number 2 was sorely lacking in talanted lead male actor... and even the fantastic sets and cga could not save it from the boo hoos.. I am excited about number three, or six if you count it that way... Every ticket in town is sold out for the midnight show!

WOW

I am probably seeing it is the am, and in a rare change , anm actually paying for this movie.. I get to see movies for free as I have an in in the industry.... but my pass does not work for a week and I really do not want to wait.. ouch

"Tanks forward"

Return to “General Discussion”