Convoys in flames, cruisers in flames ...

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Vyshka

Convoys in flames, cruisers in flames ...

Post by Vyshka »

Will the computer version contain the cruisers in flames, etc accessories?
"When they get in trouble they send for the sonsabitches" - Adm. King
stretch

RE: Convoys in flames, cruisers in flames ...

Post by stretch »

Optimistic Reply: Since they aren't far along, they could include every expansion if they wish. But there is nothing official stated. I am not positive but I think the pre-matrix beta had ships in flames and planes in flames but nothing later.

Pessimistic Reply: Doesn’t matter. This may be a dead project that isn't going anywhere. Many people no longer believe this will ever be done. Matrix has been silent for a long time, and when they have spoken up there is no conclusive news at all.

Realistic Reply: Insert some version of a perceived reality which will end up being pure fiction here.

In order to firmly grasp the current situation with MWif, one must embrace the principle of Doublethink. I have done so, and I can conclusively and without doubt state that the project has been abandoned and will be finished soon.
Mziln

Post by Mziln »

ORIGINAL: Vyshka

In CWiF (RAW 7-aug-04):

Heavy crusiers were the smallest surface warship.

Convoys were included.

Leaders were included.

Varied aircraft were included.
coregames

Post by coregames »

ORIGINAL: stretch

Optimistic Reply: Since they aren't far along, they could include every expansion if they wish. But there is nothing official stated. I am not positive but I think the pre-matrix beta had ships in flames and planes in flames but nothing later.

Pessimistic Reply: Doesn’t matter. This may be a dead project that isn't going anywhere. Many people no longer believe this will ever be done. Matrix has been silent for a long time, and when they have spoken up there is no conclusive news at all.

Realistic Reply: Insert some version of a perceived reality which will end up being pure fiction here.

In order to firmly grasp the current situation with MWif, one must embrace the principle of Doublethink. I have done so, and I can conclusively and without doubt state that the project has been abandoned and will be finished soon.

Goldstein would be proud of you stretch...

"The creative combination lays bare the presumption of a lie." -- Lasker

Keith Henderson
Froonp

Post by Froonp »

In CWiF (RAW 7-aug-04):
Heavy crusiers were the smallest surface warship.
Convoys were included.
Leaders were included.
Varied aircraft were included.

Cruisers in Flames and Convoys in Flames Kits were not included (but there still were Convoys and Cruisers in the game, but no tankers and no light cruisers).

Leaders in flames were included, but the rules for the leaders were not coded and so not playable.

The motto in the CWiF days were to include all the kits for WiF, so CLiF & CoiF would have been included in CWiF. I don't know for MWiF, as Matrix does not communicate about the project.

Cheers !

Patrice
Mziln

Post by Mziln »

ORIGINAL: Froonp

(1) Leaders in flames were included, but the rules for the leaders were not coded and so not playable.

(2) The motto in the CWiF days were to include all the kits for WiF, so CLiF & CoiF would have been included in CWiF. I don't know for MWiF, as Matrix does not communicate about the project.

Cheers !

Patrice

(1) Leaders were used in: extending point of supply, effecting land combat die rolls, and reorganization of disrupted units.

(2) Yup WiF RAW 7-Aug-04 > 1. Introduction

We intend this edition of the game to be the final edition. It comes as one of five products:

(1) The World in Flames Rules Set;
this rule book (incl. 2 x A4 builds charts);
WiF Scenario book;
1 production circle; and
1 x A3 (420 x 294mm) full-colour game chart.

(2) The World in Flames Classic game;
World in Flames Rules Set;
World in Flames Classic game;
The World in Flames Classic game consists of:
The World in Flames Rule Set;
1 additional A3 full-colour game chart;
4 large (574 x 820mm) full-colour maps covering most of the world (West Europe & Africa, East Europe & the middle east, Asia and the Pacific);
1 x A3 full-colour minimap of America;
1400 counters representing all the armies, navies and air forces of World War II (counter sheets 1-6 & 24);
and 2 ten-sided dice

(3) World in Flames Starter Kit;
The World in Flames Starter Kit consists of everything contained in the World in Flames Classic game except the box and dice.

(4) World in Flames Deluxe game;
1 additional A3 full-colour game chart;
an Africa map & 200 counters ~ CS 14 (from Africa Aflame);
a Scandinavian map & 200 counters ~ CS 15 (from Asia Aflame);
600 aircraft counters ~ CS 7-9 (from Planes in Flames);
1000 naval counters ~ CS 18-22 and a task force display (from Ships in Flames); and
200 land counters ~ CS 23 (from Mech in Flames);

(5) World in Flames Super Deluxe game;
America in Flames game;
Days of Decision game;
Patton in Flames game;
Carrier Planes in Flames kit;
Convoys in Flames kit;
Cruisers in Flames kit
Froonp

Post by Froonp »

Mzlin, I think you are mislead.

First, the "leaders" you are talking about (those that reorganize, help attacks, and provide supply, amongst other abilities) have nothing to do with the real leaders from Leaders in Flames.
Those you are talking about simply are the normal HQ of WiF.
The leaders from LiF had others extraordinaries abilities. For example, Patton Leader allowed you to Blitz in cities. Balbo leader iirc allowed you to use a plane without disrupting it at the end of the mission.

Next, you copied the introduction of the rulebok (RAW7), wich by no means describes what is included in CWiF, it talks about cardboard WiF FE. It was included for easy reference to the rules, not to describe the computer product.

Best Regards from France

Patrice
Mziln

Post by Mziln »

I didn't meen to mislead.

I was just stating how leaders worked in CWiF.

The final RAW (RAW 7) was supposed to be what was to be available in CWiF. At least that was my understanding.

Am I wrong?
Froonp

Post by Froonp »

Hello,

Yes you're wrong.

RAW7 is not supposed to be what was to be available in CWiF. RAW7 is the Rule of the normal (cardboard) WiF FE game.

To make things short :

What is in RAW7 is not always in CWiF (Example : Leaders in Flames, CoiF, CLiF, Heavy units, etc...).
What is in CWiF is not always in RAW7 (Example : Strategic move (different in CWiF than in RAW), Pacific Map Scale come to my mind).

RAW7 was only included in CWiF to allow players who played CWiF to have easy access to the rules of the normal game.

Cheers,

Patrice
Mziln

Post by Mziln »

Hello,

Yes you're wrong.

RAW7 is not supposed to be what was to be available in CWiF. RAW7 is the Rule of the normal (cardboard) WiF FE game.

To make things short :

What is in RAW7 is not always in CWiF (Example : Leaders in Flames, CoiF, CLiF, Heavy units, etc...).
What is in CWiF is not always in RAW7 (Example : Strategic move (different in CWiF than in RAW), Pacific Map Scale come to my mind).

RAW7 was only included in CWiF to allow players who played CWiF to have easy access to the rules of the normal game.

Cheers,

Patrice

I think you are talking about what was available. While I am refering to what was planned.

[Coming Soon and In Development at Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Matrix Games and Australian Design Group Seal Deal for World in Flames

· Faithful adaptation of the latest Deluxe version of World In Flames

Was planned but has not implemented (at this time).
Froonp

Post by Froonp »

ORIGINAL: Mziln
I think you are talking about what was available. While I am refering to what was planned.
[:)]
That's it, you're right !
I can only be sure of what was done and also of what was intended about CWiF. CoiF & CLiF would definitively have been part of it !!!
Regarding MWiF, I'm sure of nothing, and I'm less and less sure as days without infos passes.
Will it ever be done ???
Did Robert Crandall began work on the project as announced months ago now that the Flashpoint game is finished ???
Best Regards to you !
Patrice
coregames

MWiF

Post by coregames »

...Regarding MWiF, I'm sure of nothing, and I'm less and less sure as days without infos passes.
Will it ever be done ???
Did Robert Crandall began work on the project as announced months ago now that the Flashpoint game is finished ???
Best Regards to you !
Patrice
I am certain you speak for many of us Patrice. How did your most recent campaign turn out? You had a turn to play still last I checked...
"The creative combination lays bare the presumption of a lie." -- Lasker

Keith Henderson
Froonp

RE: MWiF

Post by Froonp »

ORIGINAL: coregames
I am certain you speak for many of us Patrice. How did your most recent campaign turn out? You had a turn to play still last I checked...
Hello,

Our last game is finished since a couple of months, and I was way too lazy to write the last turn, but I should do it shortly.

It finished with a German (and Axis) outstanding victory, with Paris still holding against the US hordes, and the USSR still in firm grasp from Rostov to Gorki.

I guess it could have crumbled if the Russian had been more aggressive and the US more lucky, but overall they deserved their play.

Best Regards from France
Patrice
Mziln

Post by Mziln »

ORIGINAL: Vyshka

It was planned see RaW 7 rules:

22.4.6 Light Cruisers (Option 75(CLiF))
22.4.19 Convoys in Flames (Option 76 (CoiF))

kenfane

Post by kenfane »

More kits, more counters, more fun!!!
[:)]

Return to “World in Flames”