Where's patch 4.5?

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.
Hengist

Where's patch 4.5?

Post by Hengist »

Yes I'm impatient and I want it now lol.

Seriously, folks at Matrix, when's the RC going to be available for download?
Dirt12

RE: Where's patch 4.5?

Post by Dirt12 »

Yes, I've been wondering myself. A few weeks ago it seemed as if it was right on the verge of release. Maybe there were some issues in the 4.5B testing. I'm curious if a few little pesty items are going to be resolved in 4.5. 1) When in a capitol ship you drop to EMCON 1 and then try to return to EMCON 3 the passive sensors won't switch back to active. 2) When you assign a target to your wing man, you're own reticle drops off lock of that target.
Pheonix Starflare

Post by Pheonix Starflare »

ORIGINAL: Dirt12
2) When you assign a target to your wing man, you're own reticle drops off lock of that target.

That's been the case for a long time, as I recall. I think it was intentional, but I may be wrong. If it was, I certainly can't remember the benefit of it.
"An optimist sees a glass half full, a pessimist sees a glass half empty and an engineer sees a glass thats twice as big as it has to be."

"What do you get when you cross a chicken and and elephant? Chicken elephant sine(theta)"
Hengist

Post by Hengist »

Well I thought someone from Matrix would give an expected date of release. Failing that, where's Milo these days?

C'mon Milo, I've supported you by purchasing this game, the least you could do is post a reply regarding what's going on?
Duken

Post by Duken »

ORIGINAL: Hengist
Well I thought someone from Matrix would give an expected date of release.
The day before Duke Nukem Forever comes out.
Weapons do not penetrate armour based on force and pressure - IXJac
How do I earn IQ points? - JeanLucPicard
Inquisitors are people too. They appreciate presents just as much as the next man. - Imperial Overlord
DamoclesX

Post by DamoclesX »

Come on guys, stop making a fuss, it will be out when its done, as for matrix games updating, i"M sure they have a reason, so.. what is it?
Jason Blaz
Way to much to list here!
Hengist

Post by Hengist »

Stop making a fuss? To be quite honest I resent that statement. In fact it would have been better if you'd not replied to this thread at all, as your reply isn't informative or helpful. If you haven't anything positive to contribute then I would have thought it best not to post anything.

I'm asking a simple question regarding an expected date of release for a patch. There is nothing unusual with this request. The only thing that is unusual is the lack of an official reply. The majority of Publishers would try to keep their customers happy with supplying this information, but it seems not with Matrix.

As for Milo, he was very active on the net prior to his publishing deal, since then he appears to have turned off the communication tap. Great way to build up a loyal fan base, I'm sure it will increase sales.
DamoclesX

Post by DamoclesX »

Milo, is part time on this, he has a real job, he cant spend every last second updating people, and frankly, Id rather have him working on the patch then spending his time updating us on whats going on.

And tone down the attitude, it does not fly well on these forums, this is not a setup like some fps kiddy forum where you can just fly off the handle to anybody the second they say something you dont like.
Jason Blaz
Mr. D

Post by Mr. D »

I have to fully agree with you Damo!

Let's not start an argument here about Milo's lack of communication. I think it is a good sign he does not answer everything asked in this forum.
Why? I means he uses his limited time to work on the patch.
@ Hengist: cool down! We are ALL anticipating this particular patch. Not just for the new graph and database, but also for the new features like the shadows that will certainly cause sleepless nights for ambitious modders that have to redo most of their models.
There are a lot of reasons to wait with breathless anticipation, but far less to just jump on someone who speaks the truth and you don't like it. Let'em do what needs to be done and it will be there in good times...and I'm sure it will be great...now get back to kickin' some Zolons, Dilgar or whatever is on the menu[:D]
Diabolico

Post by Diabolico »

Stop making a fuss? To be quite honest I resent that statement. In fact it would have been better if you'd not replied to this thread at all, as your reply isn't informative or helpful. If you haven't anything positive to contribute then I would have thought it best not to post anything.

Where do you think you are son? This is not a teenagers skate board forum. This is SS forum. If you make a statement expect people to reply and react accordingly to what you have posted.
Damocles was kind when he used the words "making a fuss". I'd have used "whinning".
This is a fine community and your words doesn't seem to fit in with the spirit that currently exists in this community.
I'm asking a simple question regarding an expected date of release for a patch. There is nothing unusual with this request. The only thing that is unusual is the lack of an official reply. The majority of Publishers would try to keep their customers happy with supplying this information, but it seems not with Matrix.

Milo is the author, not the publisher. The publisher is matrix games and the game is distributed by digital river. None of these people have any contractual obligation to inform of us of any updates. If you read your license contract (which you've clicked over accept, perhaps without even reading), you will realise that Matrix game's only obligation is to supply you with a copy of the game you've just purchased. That's it and that's all! You should stop ranting now!
As for Milo, he was very active on the net prior to his publishing deal, since then he appears to have turned off the communication tap. Great way to build up a loyal fan base, I'm sure it will increase sales.

As for Milo, his personal life should be of no concern to you.
As for yourself, I can't recall any contribution to this community other than whinning and ranting.

=S=
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

ORIGINAL: Hengist

I'm asking a simple question regarding an expected date of release for a patch.
Maybe there is none. And what comes to it, with other games those dates don't always match (and then some people go frenzy and say something rude against game and dev. team or so I have read).
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Duken

Post by Duken »

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen
Maybe there is none. And what comes to it, with other games those dates don't always match (and then some people go frenzy and say something rude against game and dev. team or so I have read).
I've heard of that too. Dawn of War, for example has no release date for the 1.3 patch execpt before the expansion comes out in September(?). Most likely for that reason.
Weapons do not penetrate armour based on force and pressure - IXJac
How do I earn IQ points? - JeanLucPicard
Inquisitors are people too. They appreciate presents just as much as the next man. - Imperial Overlord
John DiCamillo

Post by John DiCamillo »

OK, everyone please take a deep breath and calm down. There is no big conspiracy here, just the normal everyday issues that affect every game.

I produced a release candidate that I felt was ready for general availablility and sent it to Matrix for their approval a few days ago. The next steps are for them to perform final confidence testing, build an installer, and publish the exe through the distribution pipeline. However, Matrix doesn't have an infinite number of people in their production organization, and they are currently supporting a large number of games, so it's taking a bit longer than anticipated. That's all.
Hengist

Post by Hengist »

Thank you Milo, for the reply. That's all I was asking for.

Now do I go back and read the fanboi posts in this thread? Nah probably not, as you've given me the answer I was looking for. It's always best to speak to the organ grinder rather than the monkey's :)

Thanks once again, the reply is appreciated.
DamoclesX

Post by DamoclesX »

Now do I go back and read the fanboi posts in this thread? Nah probably not, as you've given me the answer I was looking for. It's always best to speak to the organ grinder rather than the monkey's :)

Thats one.
Jason Blaz
Papi

Post by Papi »

...finally here![:D]'

Can't wait to get home from work to try this!

Return to “Tech Support”