A Call for AAR

Matrix Games and Simulations Canada combine and completely remake two classic NATO vs. Warsaw Pact wargames into a new classic. Based on the original wargames “Main Battle Tank: North Germany” and “Main Battle Tank: Central Germany”, Flashpoint Germany is a new grand tactical wargame of modern combat. Every aspect of modern grand tactical warfare is included, from advanced armor, air and helicopters to chemical and tactical nuclear weapons. Step into the most dangerous war.. . that never was.

Moderators: IronManBeta, CapnDarwin

NikalaiIV

A Call for AAR

Post by NikalaiIV »

So far I have been looking at this game and am intresting in getting it. However I still am not really sure about the game mechanics and how it works. The obvious thing to solve this would be a demo, but matrix games is not to keen on those. So what would be nice is a nice long AAR where two professional players post in diffrent threads with plenty of screen-shots. Also they should not just post about the battle but about their plans and thoughts. This would be a nice and give people more idea of what the game is about.
Marc von Martial

RE: A Call for AAR

Post by Marc von Martial »

Hi, check the FPG AAR subforum:

tt.asp?forumid=161
Yakstock

Post by Yakstock »

I have put an AAR together. It is a recent PBEM game, and as most of my PBEM's it was an enjoyable match. This was one of my first few games and I learned a lot. I hope this is helpful to those still considering purchase of the game. I find it a great deal of fun.

I am on the defensive in this match - the far easier task. I hope to try an AAR of one with me on the offensive.

The display is done in PowerPoint and best viewed using Explorer with full screen option on. Other browsers may not work. Enjoy!

http://home.comcast.net/~gstockbridge/A ... screen.htm
Blackheart223

Post by Blackheart223 »

Wow! Very nicly done. I was on the fence about this game, but I think I will take the plunge.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Outstanding AAR, Yakstock, thanks for putting that together!

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
tinjaw

Post by tinjaw »

Yakstock [&o]

That is great work! I have always liked AARs, but have never had the desire to do one myself. However, yours was so well done that you actually inspired me to do one. I'm not sure when, of if it will be for FG, but I will definitely do one soon and I will use yours as a template.

Great job.
Yakstock

Post by Yakstock »

Glad to hear it - I enjoy doing them occasionally and find it helps others who are on the fence purchase the game...

Return to “FlashPoint Germany”