Installation Failed

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, JanSorensen

GamePlayer

Installation Failed

Post by GamePlayer »

After spending a lot of time downloading this game it will not install.

I get an "Unknown Decompression Error" around "dat\art\gui\UnitChar.bmp" A decompression error has occured (#4).

What gives? And please don't tell me I have to spend another 16 1/2 hours downloading this thing.
herbie

RE: Installation Failed

Post by herbie »

"archive integrity check failed. the setup file is not complete, possibly due to an incomplete download or corrupted files [&:]

why [&:]
Marc von Martial

Post by Marc von Martial »

Sounds like a not finished or corrupted download.

You can retrieve the download link at any time (up to 30days from date of order).

Please go to our E-Store and click on "Store FAQs" , there check the "I need help downloading." link. Or go to www.findmyorder.com and enter your order number and password.

If you have troubles downloading large files then we suggest you use a download client like "Stardownloader" available for free from www.stardownloader.com . It will let you resume disconnected or broken downloads. You can even pause them and resume them whenever you want.
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

Thanks for the info. I am attempting to download it again. However, what is this "If you want to burn a domestic version CD for the downloadable products in your order, please click the button."? I ask because what I did was to download this at work, burn it to a cd and attempted to load it here at home. Is this why my installation failed? Do I have to pay another ten dollars to make a backup copy? If that is the case then in my opinion it's not right. I should be able to make a copy of something I paid for. Anyway, thanks for the info.
Mr.Frag

Post by Mr.Frag »

ORIGINAL: GamePlayer

Thanks for the info. I am attempting to download it again. However, what is this "If you want to burn a domestic version CD for the downloadable products in your order, please click the button."? I ask because what I did was to download this at work, burn it to a cd and attempted to load it here at home. Is this why my installation failed? Do I have to pay another ten dollars to make a backup copy? If that is the case then in my opinion it's not right. I should be able to make a copy of something I paid for. Anyway, thanks for the info.

That is NOT the case. The option is there for people who do not have the ability to make their own backup after downloading. You are free to burn your download to your own disk as needed and quite advised.
Adam Parker

Post by Adam Parker »

ORIGINAL: GamePlayer
...I ask because what I did was to download this at work, burn it to a cd and attempted to load it here at home. Is this why my installation failed?

No Gameplayer, once downloaded properly you can burn it immediately and set-up from that disc afterwards as you planned.

For some other reason your 1st download failed. My worst experience was with WitP but then DD was a new beast.

With W@W my first attempt failed part way. Erik told me to download the free version of "Star Downloader", I did and my next download worked perfectly. Star Downloader in splitting the download into 4 simultaneous segments using its default settings also sped my download rate up slightly.

Simply get it, unzip it and with the automatic URL default setting, once you click your Digital River button for W@W, it will take over and do the rest. Just tell it where to download to.

I highly recommend it. Free and simple. Wish W@W was [:D]
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

Thanks gentlemen, I will get Star Downloader and it is good to know I can make a backup. Sadly, for today I'm stuck as I had already started a second download yesterday evening before I read about Star Downloader, and as of 4am this morning I still had 21 hours to go. If this one fails I definately use it. Thanks all. Have a great weekend.

LC
herbie

Post by herbie »

thanks

i am ready to play[:)][:)]
BRZ

Post by BRZ »

I've got the same problem!!!

And I've downloaded it three times! Once with Opera, then GetRight, the DAP. I still get the error from above...

Should I download it again!?
Marc von Martial

Post by Marc von Martial »

PLease make also sure to not run a virus scanner while installing as these can interfere with installations.
BRZ

Post by BRZ »

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

PLease make also sure to not run a virus scanner while installing as these can interfere with installations.

No help, still the same problem...
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

BRZ,

We know that the file starts out fine on our end, so deductively either there is a systematic issue with downloading large files over the internet from us to you or there may be a software or hardware issue on your end either corrupting the file during transfer or during installation.

Can you post the exact file size of the file you have received? (right click on the file, select properties)

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
BRZ

Post by BRZ »

The strangest thing is: I 'ignored' the errors and it installed, and PLAYED!

but the size is: 428 MB (448.873.804 bytes)
the name: GaryGrigsbysWorldAtWar-SetupReleaseDR-v1005.exe
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

The file you have is the right size and name. Let me know if you run into any problems while playing, I'm glad it worked but I'm concerned that you may still have some corrupted files.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's World at War - Support”