CV operations points bug

Uncommon Valor: Campaign for the South Pacific covers the campaigns for New Guinea, New Britain, New Ireland and the Solomon chain.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Tankerace, siRkid

mikemc

CV operations points bug

Post by mikemc »

Dear All,
I had this post in bugs and fixes above but only had one reply which unfortunately didn't solve the problem, thought I would try again!

When transferring Dauntless dive bombers to carriers, a new Havoc unit appears which has no aircraft or pilots but cannot be transferred to another base or ship. This seems to mean that the number of groups which can be carried on a CV is then limited by this phantom squadron. Also at the same time this happened all my CVs in a TF went to zero operations points and lose them all immediately they put to sea. I have tried disbanding the TF, creating again and refueling, but they go back to zero again. I have also tried landing the affected units on a base and recombing on ship, but that doesn't seem to solve it. Also I have F4F squadrons which won't hold the 36 aircraft and go to 20 aircraft and the rest go to reserve, even when on land bases with more than enough air support. The worst bug is the op points one, this is in a PBEM game so effectively means I may have no carrier force if it continues!

Can anyone help, I am playing version 2.30 and seem to be getting bug after bug, including TFs staying on patrol when I know I have put them on retirement. If this carries on I will have to abandon the game!

Mike
Bobthehatchit

RE: CV operations points bug

Post by Bobthehatchit »

ORIGINAL: mikemc

Dear All,
I had this post in bugs and fixes above but only had one reply which unfortunately didn't solve the problem, thought I would try again!

When transferring Dauntless dive bombers to carriers, a new Havoc unit appears which has no aircraft or pilots but cannot be transferred to another base or ship. This seems to mean that the number of groups which can be carried on a CV is then limited by this phantom squadron. Also at the same time this happened all my CVs in a TF went to zero operations points and lose them all immediately they put to sea. I have tried disbanding the TF, creating again and refueling, but they go back to zero again. I have also tried landing the affected units on a base and recombing on ship, but that doesn't seem to solve it. Also I have F4F squadrons which won't hold the 36 aircraft and go to 20 aircraft and the rest go to reserve, even when on land bases with more than enough air support. The worst bug is the op points one, this is in a PBEM game so effectively means I may have no carrier force if it continues!

Can anyone help, I am playing version 2.30 and seem to be getting bug after bug, including TFs staying on patrol when I know I have put them on retirement. If this carries on I will have to abandon the game!

Mike

The Havoc problem will usually go away after a few turns, used to get it on long island alot (CVE) try disbanding the tf and it may go away. As for the F4's do you have enough pilots? Are your carriers close to or docked Noumea? Carriers don't have opp points in UV with regards to naval strikes you can use them until they run out of fuel as far as i recall? Haven't played uv for a while, they do now in Witp.
"Look at yours before laughing at mine". Garfield 1984.

Wanted: ISDII Low millage in Imperial gray.

Just my 2 pence worth.
I might not be right.
Hell I am probaby wrong.
But thats my opinion for what its worth!
rogueusmc

Post by rogueusmc »

Zero ops points is what you like to have. Zero ops points means you are ready for what comes. The more ops points you have, the more hoops you have to jump through to react to anything.
There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

mikemc

Post by mikemc »

Now I am confused. Earlier in the same game I had two CVs chase off after a Japanese TF because I had them set to react. The result was that my CV's did not launch any aircraft and were sunk without getting a strike off, the only explanation which seemed to make sense is that the distance they travelled meant they had no ops points left. So if this is what happens when you have no ops points then surely it isn't a good thing?

Mike
rogueusmc

Post by rogueusmc »

What are your settings on you air groups? Morale? Fatigue?
There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

crsutton

Post by crsutton »

Could be a full reinstall is in order. I don't really have too many bugs. The Havoc bug is a known bug but does not affect much and eventually will go away.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
mikemc

Post by mikemc »

I think reinstalling is good advice, I will try it and hope it works. A big few turns coming up so if I lose more carriers without launching aircraft I will be very annoyed.
Cheers
Mike

Return to “Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific”