Tonight's Live Chat

Gary Grigsby's World At War gives you the chance to really run a world war. History is yours to write and things may turn out differently. The Western Allies may be conquered by Germany, or Japan may defeat China. With you at the controls, leading the fates of nations and alliances. Take command in this dynamic turn-based game and test strategies that long-past generals and world leaders could only dream of. Now anything is possible in this new strategic offering from Matrix Games and 2 by 3 Games.

Moderators: Joel Billings, JanSorensen

CPTBrown

Tonight's Live Chat

Post by CPTBrown »

I've read every AAR and most of the threads and I really can't think of any questions to ask that haven't been answered 3 or 4 times already, but I still plan on lurking and hearing what 2by3 has to say. We hear from Joel all the time, but it will be interesting to hear what Gary has to say. Hopefully, the fact that he can tear himself away from his workstation means that the game is ready for production! See you tonight at 2200!

CPT B
FLY ARMY!
CPT B
FLY ARMY!
Moranga

RE: Tonight's Live Chat

Post by Moranga »

Ask Matrix about their upcoming production of A World at War, originally from Avalon Hill, now GMT.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hello everyone, just a reminder that the live chat starts in about 15 minutes!

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
CPTBrown

Post by CPTBrown »

First off, what a great opportunity that was! I was only able to stick around for the first 30 minutes or so and didn't catch the rest of the chat. I asked about complexity and got great responses from every member of 2by3! What were some of the most poignant (million dollar word!) questions and discussions after that?

CPT B
FLY ARMY!
CPT B
FLY ARMY!
Holz

Post by Holz »

Anybody save a transcript of the chat? I wasn't able to logon till after it was already over.
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

ORIGINAL: Holz

Anybody save a transcript of the chat? I wasn't able to logon till after it was already over.

There is a transcript available in my website (just click on my signature)
gunnergoz

Post by gunnergoz »

Spooky, thanks for posting the transcript. I find it very difficult to read through all that choppy back and forth text, though -- blame my 56-year old eyes. Were there any salient points that came out during the chat that you could post here? Interesting gems and tidbits?
"Things are getting better!
...Well, maybe not as good as they were yesterday, but much better than they will be tomorrow!"
-Old Russian saying
ess1

Post by ess1 »

If that was an example of "chat" then, no thanks. Did not see anything constructive as I read meaningless somments.[:-]
coregames

Post by coregames »

I did get something out of the chat... the AI will be able to have its day during a game from what they said, perhaps not playing as strongly as a good player, but not just taking up space either.
"The creative combination lays bare the presumption of a lie." -- Lasker

Keith Henderson
CPTBrown

Post by CPTBrown »

Did you read the whole thing? The first few minutes and last 10 minutes were just gibberish, but for the most part it was a well-structured question and answer period. Everyone gave to-the-point answers with minimal dancing. No one, however, asked when it was going to be released. I attribute this to the audience, as most in attendance have been following the game and realize that a quality product later is better than crap now that requires heavy patching later.
CPT B
FLY ARMY!
ess1

Post by ess1 »

Did you read the whole thing?
No I did not. The first screen full was enough for me. Just an ego-trip for many.
My first and probably last foray into "chat".
Oleg Mastruko

Post by Oleg Mastruko »

What foray ess? You didn't participate in the chat itself. [:-]

What you're commenting is the *transcript* of the chat. Its very different when you participate in that in real time, as opposed to reading the transcript later. Imagine yourself chatting with friends in a cafe or over a beer. Now imagine a written "transcript" of your beer-fuelled chaotic, multi-person "chat" and I guess youll realize how "readable" it would be.

Anyway, Internet chat is certainly not the most coherent form of communication known to man, but is nice opportunity to meet some people (in this case 2by3) "face to face" or keyboard to keyboard, and, well, chat.

O.
CPTBrown

Post by CPTBrown »

Scroll down a couple pages and you'll see where the "official" chat session begins with all the questions and answers. The chat began at 2200 and the transcript begins about 5-10 minutes before the start time, hence the nonsensical chatter.
CPT B
FLY ARMY!
steveh11Matrix

Post by steveh11Matrix »

FWIW I found the chat transcript to be informative, and actually quite fun to read - these things are always better if you participate, or at least 'lurk' in the chat at the time, but there's a number of interesting answers in there.

Steve.
"Nature always obeys Her own laws" - Leonardo da Vinci

Return to “Gary Grigsby's World at War”