Looking for HELP!!!

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

castor troy

Looking for HELP!!!

Post by castor troy »

Hi there!

Is there someone who had this annoying bug which freezes WITP during the combat animations? I posted it in the support forum, but couldnt´t fix it. Someone who had it and fixed it? Please help!
cpt_Venomous

RE: Looking for HELP!!!

Post by cpt_Venomous »

yeah get the same thing, couldnt find any responces on support forums, basically run it with animations switched off, however would love to have them work again, funny thing is it worked fine with my older geforce 4 card but refuses to work with newer and better radeon 9600 pro :( (yeah I got the lates drivers)
"Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.'
- Lord General Zyvan

castor troy

Post by castor troy »

Same thing with my new PC. WITP ran on my old PC - bought a new one and now it freezes. Don´t want to play without combat animations, so I can´t play anymore. Seems like there´s a problem with WITP and high end PCs.
bilbow

Post by bilbow »

There is a known bug with night air combat animations. Sometimes the game will hang up, but hit escape and it will move on fine.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile- hoping it will eat him last
- Winston Churchill
castor troy

Post by castor troy »

I get this freeze every time, not just with air attacks intercepted by night fighters. But thanks for your tip.
tsimmonds

Post by tsimmonds »

I have to ask, are you regularly killing spyware, cleaning up your hard drive, deleting temporary internet files, defragging, rebooting, and closing down unwanted programs running in the background? Try doing all these things first, then run WitP. No promises, but doing these simple maintenance tasks regularly (every day or so if you use the internet a lot) can really improve performance; you never know.
Fear the kitten!
castor troy

Post by castor troy »

Yeah I´m doing that regularly. Yesterday I even did a complete new set up again. Tried for hours to get WITP running on my new PC but I failed poorly.
cpt_Venomous

Post by cpt_Venomous »

ORIGINAL: irrelevant

I have to ask, are you regularly killing spyware, cleaning up your hard drive, deleting temporary internet files, defragging, rebooting, and closing down unwanted programs running in the background? Try doing all these things first, then run WitP. No promises, but doing these simple maintenance tasks regularly (every day or so if you use the internet a lot) can really improve performance; you never know.

heh I installed it over cleanly formated drive, it still freezes, ESC only works sometimes and takes 30 or so seconds to get triggered, but when it freezes neither tasking out, hitting alt-F4 or ctrl-alt-delete helps, have to use crude method by hitting reset button. Hoppefully it gets remedied by 1.5
"Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.'
- Lord General Zyvan

Gem35

Post by Gem35 »

ironic that my 'old ' pc would crash every hour or so of gameplay and my 'new' pc I just built with the latest AMD 64 technology runs this game as smooth as silk. I don't think it locks up because of your new computer, rather more likely a bad or corrupt driver/dll file or some other issue. This game runs stable as hell imo. Sorry you are having trouble though, good luck.
It doesn't make any sense, Admiral. Were we better than the Japanese or just luckier?

[center]Image[/center]
[center]Banner By Feurer Krieg[/center]
marky

Post by marky »

hmm

i dont have that problem

it hasnt crashed at all and ive been playing for a week almost nonstop[:'(]
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

Yep, that's the one that happens to me once in awhile[:D]
ORIGINAL: bilbow

There is a known bug with night air combat animations. Sometimes the game will hang up, but hit escape and it will move on fine.
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
castor troy

Post by castor troy »

Yeah, hope Matrix will fix this issues with the 1.5 patch. It seems there are still a lot of people having problems with this "freeze-bug".

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”