Some newbe questions

War in Russia is a free update of the old classic, available in our Downloads section.
AshTray

Some newbe questions

Post by AshTray »

WiR 3.3 I'm playing as Germans. At my second turn my opponent got message about Italian Front shattering and at my third turn i saw Defending Sicily instead of Fighting in Africa. I didn't even touch ground units at It. Front just replaced some air groups so may be slightly reduce force strenght. Is this (early shatter) normal or bug? And how shattering of West and Italian fronts affects on the game? what if all this fronts shatters?
fels

RE: Some newbe questions

Post by fels »

hi ashtray
what campaign are you playing?
if it`s the 1943 (kursk) campaign, than the landing in sicily >>>"italy (north africa) front shattering" is historical, that is ok for game terms [X(]
for shatterings ystem: please read the manual, it is calculated by strength, weather and historical events....[:)]
AshTray

Post by AshTray »

I'm playing '41 scenario!
AshTray

Post by AshTray »

Some more questions:
1. can i bomb supreme HQ's like Stavka, RVGK, OHW and OKH
2. how shatter of Italian and Western Fronts affects on the game
3. should i set any replace level for supreme HQ's and how their replace level affects on how much OP other HQ's will get?
m39 white death

Post by m39 white death »

Yeah, the Italian Front will shatter if you start shuffling units out, even air units. To prevent an early shatter, do the following on turn 1 of the '41 campaign:

Set replacement level to 60
Rail in 2 German infantry divisions (full strength)
Don't remove any units on turn 1, even air units.

After the first turn, monitor Front strength and make sure Axis forces have at least a 1000 point advantage over Allied forces. When Front strength advantage falls into the 500 or less range, you are just asking for an early shatter. Once you have a comfortable strength lead, you can start moving air units out. Do NOT remove any Pzdivs from the Italian Front at any time, as this will also risk a shatter.
AshTray

Post by AshTray »

what about this questions?
Some more questions:
3. should i set any replace level for supreme HQ's and how their replace level affects on how much OP other HQ's will get?
JagdFlanker

Post by JagdFlanker »

yes you can, but the only thing worth bombing is the airfields if it has aircraft. from the other posts i gather interdicting any hq is a waste of time!

well, all the shatters are each supposed to happen on the dates they happened in the war, but you can delay or hurry a shatter depending on how many units you place in those HQ's. if a HQ shatters i know the units contained within take casualties, but i'm not sure what's the general percentage is - they do take a huge readiness hit. i know for sure as well that if a shatter does occur there will not be another one for at least 1 or 2 months, even if you try to shatter it! if all the italian shatters happen i think all you lose is the italian factories and all the italian units. actually i'm not sure which shatter is the one you lose all the italian units on, but i would assume the second one (someone please confirm?). if all the france shatters happen germany loses, but in actuality the game doesn't end so you COULD keep playing if you wanted it. i'm not sure if there is any real effect of any of the france shatters hapening - anybody know?

i personally wouldn't take any chances and keep all 'supreme' HQ's at 100%, by which 'supreme' means OKH, OKW, and Stavka. now, i just noticed something funny when i checked this out - it would seem the OKH and OKW are not connected to each other in any way. would this mean that the army is not connected to the big bonehead hitler, since ze Wehrmacht is commanded by OKH under Brauchitsch? from this article:

http://www.onwar.com/articles/f0003.htm

i assumed they were connected!

Return to “War In Russia: The Matrix Edition”