Having problems wit adding new AFV's to WIR!

War in Russia is a free update of the old classic, available in our Downloads section.
Possum

Having problems wit adding new AFV's to WIR!

Post by Possum »

Hello All.
I have encountered a problem with trying to add new AFV's to the WIR scenarioes.
What happens is that if I edit the AFV data to include a new AFV in any slot from 64 to 99 the pop up box icons become all screwed up
if I edit slot #64, the Axis infantry incon is replaced by the new AFV icon. and the new AFV icon is blank.
If I edit slot #65, the Soviet Artillery icon is replaced by the new AFV icon, and then new AFV shows up with a Pz-II icon.
If I edit slot #66, the Soviet ATG icon is replaced by the new AFV icon, and the new AFV shows up with a M-13 icon.
If I edit slot #67, the soviet AA gun icon is replaced by the new AFV, and the new AFV shows up with a R-35 icon.
If I edit slot #68, the soviet recon icon is replaced with the new AFV, and the new afv shows up with a Pz-38(t) icon.
If I edit slot #69, the soviet infantry icon is replaced with the new AFV, and the new AFV shows up with a Pz-38(t) icon.
If I edit slots #70 to #99, only the New AFV icon is affected, as it will show up as a variety of axis AFV's starting with the Pz-III for slot 70.
Does anyone know a way around this as I would like to add some more soviet AFV's to the OOB (T-38, T-40, T-50, T-34 M41, KV-1 M40, BT-7M, ZiS-30, Sherman 76, SU-76M (lt TD, with Su-76 being the Assault Gun)).
Thank You
"We're having a war, and we want you to come!"
So the pig began to whistle and to pound on a drum.
"We'll give you a gun, and we'll give you a hat!"
And the pig began to whistle when they told the piggies that.
Ed Cogburn

Post by Ed Cogburn »

Originally posted by Possum:
Hello All.
I have encountered a problem with trying to add new AFV's to the WIR scenarioes.

Sounds like a few new restrictions Arnaud never told us about. [sigh] I'm sending this to him.
Yogi Yohan

Post by Yogi Yohan »

Regarding slots 64-69, I was aware of this since my abortive attempt to introduce the fabled 88mm FlaK in WIR. I was however not aware of the problem with the icons for new AFVs in slots 70 to 99. Did the program ignore the icon number you assigned to the slot?
RickyB

Post by RickyB »

Originally posted by Possum:
Hello All.
What happens is that if I edit the AFV data to include a new AFV in any slot from 64 to 99 the pop up box icons become all screwed up
if I edit slot #64, the Axis infantry incon is replaced by the new AFV icon. and the new AFV icon is blank.
If I edit slot #65, the Soviet Artillery icon is replaced by the new AFV icon, and then new AFV shows up with a Pz-II icon.
If I edit slot #66, the Soviet ATG icon is replaced by the new AFV icon, and the new AFV shows up with a M-13 icon.
If I edit slot #67, the soviet AA gun icon is replaced by the new AFV, and the new AFV shows up with a R-35 icon.
If I edit slot #68, the soviet recon icon is replaced with the new AFV, and the new afv shows up with a Pz-38(t) icon.
If I edit slot #69, the soviet infantry icon is replaced with the new AFV, and the new AFV shows up with a Pz-38(t) icon.
If I edit slots #70 to #99, only the New AFV icon is affected, as it will show up as a variety of axis AFV's starting with the Pz-III for slot 70.
Does anyone know a way around this as I would like to add some more soviet AFV's to the OOB (T-38, T-40, T-50, T-34 M41, KV-1 M40, BT-7M, ZiS-30, Sherman 76, SU-76M (lt TD, with Su-76 being the Assault Gun)).
Thank You

Without doing a careful check of this, it sounds like the slots above 63 are using the icon from the slot - 65 (6 bits + 1). I don't have time to experiment further right now though, and I can't edit tank units in the in-game editor on my Win 2000 machine. It doesn't quite tie out to what you list but it sounds extremely close. For example, slot 5 is a Pz III, so 5 + 65 = 70 where you saw one. It may also be 64, which explains some of the others you see.

You may be able to get the icons you want by using a slot that is 65 higher than a 5-34 slot tank, if there is one, that matches the icon you want. Use 64 higher if that turns out to be the actual difference (which is what I would expect). And it sounds like the slots 64-69 are hard coded for the various non-AFV icons and thus should not be touched. I don't know when this may be fixed, so you may want to try this and see if it works, if you are in a hurry.
Rick Bancroft
Semper Fi

Return to “War In Russia: The Matrix Edition”