is this normal?

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

MemoryLeak

is this normal?

Post by MemoryLeak »

Whenever I continue to attack an emplacement that has a status of "routed", the status changes to "pinned". So I'm worse off than if I didn't press home the attack. The gun emplacement then seems to come back to life and be fully functional and creams me. Is this a bug?
If you want to make GOD laugh, tell him your future plans

USS Long Beach CGN-9
RM2 1969-1973
Voriax

RE: is this normal?

Post by Voriax »

Did you play against Soviets? If you did, then it is normal behaviour for Soviets, they have this special ability to improve their suppression state.

Voriax
Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!
FlashfyreSP

Post by FlashfyreSP »

It's normal for all units, not just Russians (or bunkers for that matter). Routed or retreating units may have their status reduced to pinned if they come under enemy fire. At times, they will even respond with Op Fire.
ImageImage
rbrunsman

Post by rbrunsman »

Think about it. It makes perfect sense: If you were running away from a fight and someone started shooting at you, don't you think you'd "go to ground" (pinned status) or even shoot back (op fire) if you figured, "Oh, well, if I'm going to die, I may as well take some enemies down with me." It's "fight or flight." If I can't run, I fight.

rb
Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom
KNomad

Post by KNomad »

Nice explanation rbrunsman - that should clear the issue up.
The gnome zaps a wand of death. (Nethack)
Don't get hurt! (XCOM: Apocolypse)
Incoming firepower has the Right of Way!
Fire at Will (or Wesley)!
MemoryLeak

Post by MemoryLeak »

Okay, well thanks to everyone who responded. I've been playing this game for a long time, way back when you still had to buy it off the shelf. I guess I never noticed it before. Although I do recall reading about that ability in the manual I thought it was a random thing and did not always occur. Thanks again
If you want to make GOD laugh, tell him your future plans

USS Long Beach CGN-9
RM2 1969-1973

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”