What Screen Resolutions does WITP support

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

kgsan

What Screen Resolutions does WITP support

Post by kgsan »

Does anyone recall which screen resolutions WITP supports? I am looking into getting a laptop and would like to get one which can run WITP at its native resolution.

Thanks
rogueusmc

RE: What Screen Resolutions does WITP support

Post by rogueusmc »

1024x768 only.
There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Mr.Frag

Post by Mr.Frag »

Keep in mind, if your laptop has greater then 1024x768 resolution, you can run it in windowed mode.
kgsan

Post by kgsan »

rougeusmc thanks for the reolution size. Mr. Frag, thanks for the suggestion and please pardon my ignorance. How do you run WITP in windows mode and how would this improve the apperance onscreen? (Would it prevent the computer from automatically stretching WITP to fit the screen?)

Thanks.
ORIGINAL: Mr.Frag

Keep in mind, if your laptop has greater then 1024x768 resolution, you can run it in windowed mode.
Roger Neilson

Post by Roger Neilson »

I was told this by another on the forum - create a shortcut on your desktop and in the properties change the target by adding the -w after the target you have mine reads as below:

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific\War in the Pacific.exe" -w

then apply this and start the game from this desktop shortcut. The advantage I have is that I can run things like a spreadsheet of what's going on at the same time as the game, without having to jump from the game screen to the windows screen - its just a little more elegant I find. I can also run a small excel spreadheet window at the same time as the game.

Haven't seen any other application - I was told about it as a way of also seeing the manual more easily by running the two together. Recently I've been wishing I had a dual monitor though!

Cheers

Roger
dtravel

Post by dtravel »

I've dealt with dual monitor setups. They aren't as great as you might think for the home user. Two monitors take up a lot of desk space, the cards can be expensive and are often incompatible with entertainment software. And all it does is take what you are seeing currently on one monitor and puts the left half of that over there and the right half over here. Only really works if you never run anything full screen.
This game does not have a learning curve. It has a learning cliff.

"Bomb early, bomb often, bomb everything." - Niceguy

Any bugs I report are always straight stock games.

Return to “Tech Support”