Problem loading A/C onto Transports

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

sjadow

Problem loading A/C onto Transports

Post by sjadow »

Once in a while I have trouble loading aircraft onto AKs ... I form the AK taskforce, select a destination and tell it to load the Troops Only (and then pick the airgroup). Most times it works, but occassionally the TF sails off empty. I'm sure I'm loading as described above ..

Any suggestions??
Bobthehatchit

RE: Problem loading A/C onto Transports

Post by Bobthehatchit »

ORIGINAL: sjadow

Once in a while I have trouble loading aircraft onto AKs ... I form the AK taskforce, select a destination and tell it to load the Troops Only (and then pick the airgroup). Most times it works, but occassionally the TF sails off empty. I'm sure I'm loading as described above ..

Any suggestions??

Had this happen a few times, usually when i am loading troops as well, so i tend to form a seperate tf to load the aircraft onto then combine it with the main tf containing supplies and or troops.
"Look at yours before laughing at mine". Garfield 1984.

Wanted: ISDII Low millage in Imperial gray.

Just my 2 pence worth.
I might not be right.
Hell I am probaby wrong.
But thats my opinion for what its worth!
kokubokan25

Post by kokubokan25 »

I have the same problem, with ac and troops.
Seems to be relationed with reeplenish the ships before give the orders to units to load.
When give the load orders and AFTER reeplenish the ships seems prevent this problem. In some cases ...
mogami

Post by mogami »

Hi, AK load AC groups in a single instant but it takes all their OP so yes refueling before loading would pose a problem. Ships use OP to refuel but if they are out of OP they still refuel.

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!
ckk

Post by ckk »

If you replenish from port and it uses 1000 ops points on most ships wait a turn before trying to load either troops or planes or you couldd have tf's taking off with nothing loaded a little patience gives the game a chance to catch up[;)]
sjadow

Post by sjadow »

aaah .. You're right!! Thanks !
Feinder

Post by Feinder »

I think you also have to be at a Port(1) or larger. I just had a similar situation occur, where it was a AF(4) but Port(0). Said they were loading (I belive with full ops pts avail), but nothing loaded. Would make sense, loading aircraft over a beach seems "problematic" at best.

Not positive that it has to be at least a Port(1), but that was the conclusion I came to.

-F-
"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

Graccus

Post by Graccus »

Just noticed this today in the manual. Be sure to give the TF a Dest Hex prior to loading the AG. Otherwise it will load and unload at the same base.
I don't know what the hell this logistics is that Marshall is always talking about, but I want some of it.

Admiral King
BraveHome

Post by BraveHome »

Always a good idea to set the DO NOT UNLOAD flag if your load does not complete when order first given. [;)]
BraveHome

Post by BraveHome »

ORIGINAL: Feinder

I think you also have to be at a Port(1) or larger. I just had a similar situation occur, where it was a AF(4) but Port(0). Said they were loading (I belive with full ops pts avail), but nothing loaded. Would make sense, loading aircraft over a beach seems "problematic" at best.

Not positive that it has to be at least a Port(1), but that was the conclusion I came to.

-F-

The only statement I could find in the manual giving key info on aircraft transport as cargo was this:

"AK ships may only load one air group per ship, and this is an instantaneous occurance."

The manual also states that 0-size ports (or lack of port facility) will have an 'impact' on loading.

So, I presume that if the a/c does not load instantaneously, it won't help to leave the AK on LOADING status for that aircraft (other issues involved), as your empirical experience seems to indicate.

Return to “The War Room”