Rail lines in Finland

War in Russia is a free update of the old classic, available in our Downloads section.
FrankyVas

Rail lines in Finland

Post by FrankyVas »

Why don't the rail lines in Finland ever repair? I know the Finish only went so far into Russia, but what if I want to move some German units up there? They are still stuck with the crummy supply.

Frank V.
(I'm playing 2.1+)
RickyB

Post by RickyB »

Originally posted by FrankyVas:
Why don't the rail lines in Finland ever repair? I know the Finish only went so far into Russia, but what if I want to move some German units up there? They are still stuck with the crummy supply.

Frank V.
(I'm playing 2.1+)
The rail lines will start converting. I believe this happens when the Blitzkrieg supply completely ends in early September. I would guess this was done to weaken any direct Finnish attack on Leningrad early on to represent their overall reluctance to aggressively attack the Soviets.

------------------
Rick Bancroft
Semper Fi
Rick Bancroft
Semper Fi

frank1970

Post by frank1970 »

I think rail will work after Leningrad is captured.
If you like what I said love me,if you dislike what I say ignore me!

"Extra Bavaria non est vita! Et sic est vita non est ita!"

Ed Cogburn

Post by Ed Cogburn »

Originally posted by Frank:
I think rail will work after Leningrad is captured.

No, Ricky is right, rail conversion for the Finns doesn't work while the Germans are getting blitzkrieg supply because, well basically because the game is brain-dead in this department (IMO).
OlliH

Post by OlliH »

I wonder if it has been taken into consideration that Finland and Soviet Union/Russia used the same rail width, and still do.

BTW Is there any way to make the rail damage repair faster?
Ed Cogburn

Post by Ed Cogburn »

Originally posted by OlliH:
I wonder if it has been taken into consideration that Finland and Soviet Union/Russia used the same rail width, and still do.

The problem, I'm afraid, is more general. Because this bug prevents Finns from advancing on the Soviets in the early game, the powers-that-be have decided to leave this bug alone. The reason is the Finns did not attack the USSR at the same time as the Germans did (22-6-41), they attacked later in August I believe, and in fact never cooperated with the Germans on attacking Leningrad (this is crucial). The game obviously has no built-in restrictions on Finnish activity (which in my book is a bug in its own right), so we're going to use this rail-conversion bug to partially compensate for that, even though the most important issue is not affected by this bug at all, this being German attacks on Leningrad assisted by the Finns. Its not my idea, but thats the way its going to be.

BTW Is there any way to make the rail damage repair faster?
Nope, its built-in, no way for a player to control it.

Return to “War In Russia: The Matrix Edition”