X key Good-bye

War in Russia is a free update of the old classic, available in our Downloads section.
jkokjohn

X key Good-bye

Post by jkokjohn »

Would like to see sometime with PBEM game where your opponent or yourself cannot be tempted or allowed to use the x key.
RickyB

Post by RickyB »

Originally posted by jkokjohn:
Would like to see sometime with PBEM game where your opponent or yourself cannot be tempted or allowed to use the x key.
The playtesting group has been discussing this and it probably will be eliminated in the next release, unless there are programming problems related to it. We are in 100% agreement with you on this one.

------------------
Rick Bancroft
Semper Fi
Rick Bancroft
Semper Fi

Yogi Yohan

Post by Yogi Yohan »

[/QUOTE]
The playtesting group has been discussing this and it probably will be eliminated in the next release, unless there are programming problems related to it. We are in 100% agreement with you on this one.

[/B][/QUOTE]

But only, i hope, for two humans play? The x-key otherwise is very good for substitutiong those features of the game you are not happy with. I for example use it extensively to simulate the reduced drop in experience when upgrading to equipment of the same general make, or to even out experience or even numbers between units. It adds flexibility to the game and, why not admit it, the possibility to cheat when playing the computer. Never wrong to have some cheats handy if you feel like it.
kilowatts

Post by kilowatts »

Originally posted by RickyB:
Originally posted by jkokjohn:
Actually I like the 'X' key as it used to be, just rename the unit. I do like giving my units names like the 'TimberWolves', 'Rams', 'Devils' and so on. But the ability to change the unit stats should probably go.
Nick Papp

Post by Nick Papp »

Originally posted by kilowatts:
Originally posted by RickyB:
Actually I like the 'X' key as it used to be, just rename the unit. I do like giving my units names like the 'TimberWolves', 'Rams', 'Devils' and so on. But the ability to change the unit stats should probably go.
The X-Key issue has already been fixed in the most recent Beta Build we are testing. Not sure about the Scenario Editor however.

Regards,

Nick

[FONT=Garamond][FONT=Arial Black]Magyar[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Narrow][FONT=Arial Black]"All battles are won in the end by infantrymen." [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Narrow]Field Marshall Viscount

Return to “War In Russia: The Matrix Edition”