Help - repairing battleship

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

pfnognoff

Help - repairing battleship

Post by pfnognoff »

Gentlemen,

Can somebody help me make a prediction, how long would it take to repair an allied battleship in a size 9 port without any repair shipyards, and how long in a smaller port with a size 20 or 40 repair shipyard? Everybody except my PBeM opponent is welcome to help me here [:)]

Thanks.
hithere

RE: Help - repairing battleship

Post by hithere »

what is the damage of the ship.....i would still say the size 9 port because the shipyards just give a chance...but i am honestly not sure...it is a good question
Quote from one of my drill sergeants, "remember, except for the extreme heat, intense radiation, and powerful blast wave, a nuclear explosion is just like any other explosion"
hithere

Post by hithere »

also depends on how much smaller in the smaller port?
Quote from one of my drill sergeants, "remember, except for the extreme heat, intense radiation, and powerful blast wave, a nuclear explosion is just like any other explosion"
2ndACR

Post by 2ndACR »

A LOOOONNNGGGG time either way.

I have a BB in Shanghia that entered repair status on 14 Dec 41 with 38 system damage.
it is now Feb 42 and it is down to 23 system damage. No other damaged ships there.

I also have an AR, naval HQ there. It takes awhile with big ships.
pfnognoff

Post by pfnognoff »

Damage is 24 Sys, and the smaller port size is 6. I'm also guessing port 9 to be the answer but it just knocked off 1 point of sys damage in 5 days there and that does seem like a bit slow, it's early game and we need you back buddy [:D]

Can size 40 repair shipyard even help with the big guys with a lot of durability?

I have another question, how does the game engine prioritize repairs if I dump a lot of things in a port with repair shipyard? Who gets the repair points first?
KPAX

Post by KPAX »

I would agree with 2ndACR, a very long time.

I have sent some BBs to SF, that had an AR and high ship yard with port size 10. It has been two weeks since it has been there and I have seen 4 SYS removed. No other ships are there needing repair.

I am expecting to make repairs to the BBs from the PH damage just in time to have them upgrade and stay there.

Hope to have them ready by fall of 42 or so.

BBs take forever to repair SYS damage.

Without an AR, shipyard or big size port, you may not see any SYS repairs for a long time.

I am guess it is well worth the time to bring the damaged ships to a shipyard, which normally has a pretty good port size already.
"War makes Heros on both sides." Hero (the movie)

Thanks !!

KPAX
hithere

Post by hithere »

like 2nd ACR said...it will take a while anyway..24 is not too bad....i had a CA in pearl repair from about that (27 i think) in about a month to about 5, i consider that ready for duty!!

i believe that which ships get repaired is random, by die roll
pfnognoff

Post by pfnognoff »

And if the mishap with the enemy shell/torpedo encounter happens to be arround Java, it looks it will take forever no metter where I put him in India [8D]

Maybe I have a candidate for my first British withdrawal....

Thanks guys.

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”