Gamestopping bug - please read

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Major Bong

Gamestopping bug - please read

Post by Major Bong »

First of May 42´ and Im preparing for offensive actions around Guadacanal, suddenly I notice I no longer have any control about the AK´s and TK´s located in San Francisco. So I turn off the auto-convoy feature, but it didnt help. I make sure San Francisco and the according region is set to human control - didnt help either. I remove every transport ship from the auto convoy menu and let a few turns pass, also didnt help. Save/load, restart...nada.

What the computer does is that he puts any transport or tanker back into the harbor after I create a taskforce and end the turn.

Example: I try to create a taskforce from San Francisco to Pearl Harbor, auto-disband to off, patrol/do not retire, destination Pear Harbor, human control, 2 DD´s some AK´s. All orders are accepted and the path is highlighted on the hex fields.

I end the turn and check out the status of this taskforce, the result is that the DD´s are still in the taskforce and in San Francisco, while all AK´s have been removed and put back into the pool.

Game was patched to latest version before I started the campain.

Does anyone have the same problem or know a solution ??
DrewMatrix

RE: Gamestopping bug - please read

Post by DrewMatrix »

Need more information. Is this under version 1.21 and is this a whole map scenario (which one?)

One possible source of your problem is if this is whole map scenario and you have the North Pacific set to computer control. That is a known bug on the fix-list.

You can work around it by turning off computer control of the Northern map area.
Beezle - Rapidly running out of altitude, airspeed and ideas.
rogueusmc

Post by rogueusmc »

Earlier it was a bug that North Pacific region on computer control screwed it and the Central Pacific regions up....computer was taking ships even if there was not auto convoy toggled.

Beezle beat me to it.
There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Major Bong

Post by Major Bong »

Version is 1.21.

Campaign 41B;8 Dec 41-31 Mar 46 by Paul R. (Pry) Yarnall

I just tried deactivating the Northern AI (and then all zone AI´s), didnt work either, same problem. I would really hate having to start over again and lose hours of playtime.
mongo

Post by mongo »

Sorry Major,

Be prepared to lose a LOT of hours. This game will be patched a bit yet, and with numerous OOB tweaks for a while too. All OOB changes will require a restart to take advantage of them.

Look at it this way, it's great practice at least [:)]
"Mongo only pawn..in game of life"

Return to “Tech Support”