The Greatest Poker come back in history!!

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

ravinhood

The Greatest Poker come back in history!!

Post by ravinhood »

Heh, well my history anyway. I play on Partypoker.com. Entered a Omaha Hi/Low tournament. Total of $8000 in chips in the game, 10 players with $800 in chips each. I was taken down to my last $66 in chips and came back and won the tournament! lol An amazing comeback of "luck & skill" combined, the other players were obviously shocked! lol Many wouldn't believe the hands that I got and the flops that came along with them, just call me Ravinhood the Master now. :)

I was watching the World Championship of Poker on ESPN and had an urge to play, because some of my favorite players went out in the first round today. Ming the Master, Moneymaker (who won the tournament last year "amateur", and Farha (who came in 2nd place last year).

If any of you have ever dreamed of being in the World Championship of Poker tournament it's very possible now, because these online poker services offer entry into them for as little as $10, you only have to beat 8000 players though, heh, but, even so that's pretty cheap if you are lucky and then you get to goto Vegas next year and sit with the big guns and you could win $5,000,000. Retire and play games and poker the rest of your life. Heh, probably easier to win the lottery than it is to win this tournament.

Because of these online qualifying tournaments there were over 2600 entries into the WCP tournament this year up from 840 that entered last year, there are so many entries they had to have two sessions of the 1st round because they didn't have enough tables and chairs at Binions to seat all of the entrants at once. Next year I expect even more.

If I ever win one of these qualifying rounds I will get a shirt with Ravinhood on it and you will all know it's me sitting at the final table, bluffing my way to the final pot. hahaha

Now, who wants to donate money so I can play in the World Championship of Poker next year (if I don't qualify through online tournaments), I only need $10,000, donations of $100 a person will be acceptable! :)~
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

mbMike

RE: The Greatest Poker come back in history!!

Post by mbMike »

That's awesome.

Now, let me threadjack, if you will.

I was in a tourney (a local co-workers) and got to the Top 4 with $300. 1st place had around $7000, 2nd had $1000 and 3rd had about $300.

My ultimate goal was to just win 3rd place (to place in the money). But nobody was betting except the $7000 man. I worked him with about 3 or 4 "All-in's" at my leisure (and consequently losing to him a few times obviously not going all in) and found myself squarely in 2nd place with a $1000. The other two widdled down a slow death and went out.

Then I go "All-In" with my $1000. He calls and loses. I go all in again with $2000, he calls and loses! I then draw 2 Aces in the hole, bet him $1000, he checks and I raise him "All-In". He's forced to call with everything he's got. I win it.

So after about 5 hours of play I manage to hang on with $300. In about 15 minutes, I end up with every chip in da house! Woot!
ravinhood

RE: The Greatest Poker come back in history!!

Post by ravinhood »

You know when you're lucky it doesn't matter how good you are, if the cards drop on the table that match those in your hands, well they call them "no-brainers", you just bet and rake in pot after pot after pot. But, I won so many hands in a row, it was even easy to bluff some hands after that, if an A or K flopped and I bet and of course no one else had one, they would fold and I'd rake in the $1000 pots and I'd have like 2 4, 8, 10 in my hand lol.
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

Return to “General Discussion”