Cancelling game in solitaire

New Recruits check in here! Vets debate the fine points! Tactics discussion, FAQ and "how-to" help.
If you are new to the SP:WaW community post an introduction please!

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Shawmut

Cancelling game in solitaire

Post by Shawmut »

I have some games in load/save in solitarie and would like to cancell or remove them so I can start them over. I cannot find the reference to proceed to do that. It's administrative.
Your help is welcome.
Thanks
"Power currupts".... But someone must govern!
robot

RE: Cancelling game in solitaire

Post by robot »

I dont know how every body else does it but here is how i do it. Go to what ever folder your game is in. Find the sav folder and delete what ever you want to. Make sure you check what slot the save games are in before you delete. Good luck.
Robots wear armor for skin.Grunts wear skin for armor.
Major Destruction

Post by Major Destruction »

Certainly robot's suggestion is the best and most tidy way to do it.
If you are uncomfortable deleting files in the directory, you can overwrite the saved file with a new saved turn.

Myself, I am a collector. I save every last turn and first turn of a campaign in one long succession, then I copy and paste those saved files to a removable storage disk (zip or CD) so that if I ever need to go back to it I can. So far, I have never needed to go back but hey, you never know!
They struggled with a ferocity that was to be expected of brave men fighting with forlorn hope against an enemy who had the advantage of position......knowing that courage was the one thing that would save them.

Julius Caesar, 57 BC
KG Erwin

Post by KG Erwin »

Unless you are using Campaign Watcher (an essential tool for campaign players, IMHO) and want to keep an archive, then you save HD space by deleting campaign or game save slots. Also, if you're playing a long campaign, delete the steel.prf file once every five battles or so, and reset your preferences before continuing the campaign. The seel.prf has a tendency to corrupt the game after repeated save and starts. The reason is unknown, but please keep this in mind. The game has many quirks, most of which you will never have to deal with, but the steel.prf is a prime suspect in corrupted scenarios and campaigns.
robot

Post by robot »

Gunny for safety sake i save every 3 to four turns. Have yet had a corruption from the preferences . Lucky maybe just dont know yet. I have only had to reset them when a new version has come out. Maybe this has helped me again i dont know. For some reason i have never had the problems i see here on the board. Knock on wood. Maybe i just dont run all the stuff on my comp like a lot of the players do. I have been lucky with this game over the years in the good fortune of not having all the trouble. Now after bragging the evil comp guys might just get mad at me. I hope not tho.[:D]
Robots wear armor for skin.Grunts wear skin for armor.
Shawmut

Post by Shawmut »

I appreciate the suggestions. I'm solo and just wanted to cut out redundancies. When I go into files the long way, there's no indication, nor previous option, as to which file is which. That kind of makes it another search and seizure maneuvre all by itself.
Thanks troops.
"Power currupts".... But someone must govern!
Voriax

Post by Voriax »

Shawmut, the save files are numbered according to the save game slot number in the game itself. Save001.cmt, save001.dat and save001.rec files belong to the 'solitaire autosave'. So if you have some save you want to keep you can just check its slot number and then do not delete those 3 files.

Voriax
Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

Return to “SP:WaW Training Center”