MC separate downloads for GE owners

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Jcatarino

MC separate downloads for GE owners

Post by Jcatarino »

I think owners of SPAWAW GE should be given the option to also make a separate download containing only the 4 MC if they (we) wish to.

There are 2 important reasons for this:

1- The ability to play a given MC with another version of the (free) game. Some MC were written for SP v5 or v7 and they may work better with that version. There are a few OOB changes that produce odd results and we could try that fix.

2- If a future upgrade comes in the future that requires a full version install like 8.2 did we will be unable to install the any of the MC because we can only install it with the full 8.2 install.

Anyway when we pay the $80 or so we are paying it for the MC's not for the free SP and we should be able to get them separately.

I'm not complaining or anything, I'm just worried about the future
#Vassago

RE: MC separate downloads for GE owners

Post by #Vassago »

I deffinetly second that.

I too bought the GE and I am concerned of how will got the already clunky update process.

However, you can backup the MC by zipping the MegaCam directory recursively. All you will need to no is unzip the file created to the MegaCam directory of the other SPWAW version.
Jcatarino

Post by Jcatarino »

That may be a good idea but are you sure that ALL MC files are located in only one directory? Can someone from Matrix Games tell us if this will work?

Would still prefer the download though...
David Heath

Post by David Heath »

Hi Guys

We made sure that the updates in the v8.2 did not effect the MC. We do not plan any more major updates with SPWaW so this should not be an issue.

David

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”