Did someone ask for historical variation?

Gary Grigsby's World At War gives you the chance to really run a world war. History is yours to write and things may turn out differently. The Western Allies may be conquered by Germany, or Japan may defeat China. With you at the controls, leading the fates of nations and alliances. Take command in this dynamic turn-based game and test strategies that long-past generals and world leaders could only dream of. Now anything is possible in this new strategic offering from Matrix Games and 2 by 3 Games.

Moderators: Joel Billings, JanSorensen

Becket

Did someone ask for historical variation?

Post by Becket »

Once again, a picture speaks a thousand words (note the date).

(This is from an internal testing PBEM. Note: I needed to shrink the file, so I cropped it, then pasted the menu bar on the top, so any graphical anomalies on the menu bar are my fault.)

Attachments
mars2.jpg
mars2.jpg (140.56 KiB) Viewed 28 times

"The very word Moscow meant a lot to all of us....it meant all we had ever fought for" -Rokossovsky
olivier_slith

RE: Did someone ask for historical variation?

Post by olivier_slith »

what's your point?
Becket

Post by Becket »

ORIGINAL: dhennin

what's your point?

A German invasion has reached Archangel/Astrakhan three months prior the historical launch date of Barbarossa. [:D] I know some people want a lot of variation in what sides can join the war and when, but right now there is an incredible amount of variation in the way the war can take place.

"The very word Moscow meant a lot to all of us....it meant all we had ever fought for" -Rokossovsky
olivier_slith

Post by olivier_slith »

well, let's imagine that GB settles for peace after the fall of France, why not the Nazis attacking USSR and finishing off in 1 year, specially if they don't go after the Yugos and Greeks.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's World at War”