Steel Panthers: World At War General's Edition is Now Available!

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Jcatarino

RE: Steel Panthers: World At War General's Edition is Now Available!

Post by Jcatarino »

Just a simple question: do we need to apply the existing MC patches or are they included in the GE install?
jewel

Post by jewel »

"Steel Panthers: World At War General's Edition is available for digital download and/or CD delivery through our online store"

The download would have taken approximatly 19 hours so download is not an option.

I ordered with CD on demand on 7/2/04. I have not received the CD yet. On the 18th I inquired as to when it might be sent. I received a canned reply.

Do I need to "DEMAND" the CD? If so, how would I go about doing that. Thank you.
Roo

Post by Roo »

What space do I need on my HDD? Text lists it as 900MB, but pure 8.2 is 1.00GB in size and occupies 1.08GB (think I may need to de-frag...).
Hexed Gamer

Post by Hexed Gamer »

My installed 8.2 with all 4 MCs included patched and ready to roll occupies 1.47 gigs of totallity.

So that is what you are looking at if you want this users opinion.
There is only one Hexed Gamer
http://s3.invisionfree.com/Les_s_Place
Roo

Post by Roo »

Thanks for that info Hexed Gamer [&o].

Now to think it over whilst I'm away... tempting, very tempting... just enough room on the HDD... and 4 decent campaigns to boot...
Hexed Gamer

Post by Hexed Gamer »

It is easy to notice some have experienced trouble with either 8.2 or one of the MCs in some manner.

But, it is just a reality of using a computer. To many permutations available just ensures some will be stuck with a permutation that is a disadvantage.

Thus far, I have only ever really experienced total vexation running Steel Panthers 3 Brigade Combat.
But I have yet to be one of the unfortunate where SPWaW or the MCs are concerned.

I hope you elect to look into the game Roo, odds are you will consider it about the best gaming you have encountered.
There is only one Hexed Gamer
http://s3.invisionfree.com/Les_s_Place
Sgt Popov

Post by Sgt Popov »

I bought and downloaded Generals Edition last night. Its the LEAST I could do, as many 1000s of hours gaming enjoyment SPWaW has given me. Installation was very easy, and everything is working great!! I just started the Desert fox MC last night!!! Thanks Matrix Games--now just get Combat Leader done, PLEASE--thats gonna be the wargame o wargames!!
- Sergeant, what should I do if my parachute won't open?
- Bring it back and I'll replace it.
S-type

Post by S-type »

Great to hear it was easy to install and works. I was planning on buying it myself, and was wondering about that.

Did you do a fresh install of the whole SPWAW or just the MC's? Did you have to download any patches for the older MC's?
CatLord

Post by CatLord »

Will there be a box-on-demand option ?

Cat

PS: Sorry for posting that twice, but I am happy to pay Matrix extra-bucks to have a box... Silly me [;)]
Member of the Revolution Under Siege development team.
FDXHCY

Post by FDXHCY »

Ok.. newby I am and lost.. I spent three nights downloading the game, and now it will not start.. UNABLE to register??? HELP PLEASE[&o]
FDXHCY

Post by FDXHCY »

I'm a bit red faced, because I am so stupid about all this, but PLEASE [&o], someone HELP me get this game up and running... "Thanks a bunch".. Billie
plloyd

Post by plloyd »

Exactly what is the problem and what do you have?
If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly.
swamp fox

Post by swamp fox »

I would love to have this to update my old 5.0 Megacampaign and get the rest, but download is not an option (56k). Earlier posts have indicated CD shipment to be unreliable. Is this still a problem? I can't spend the $$ if I'm not going to get a quick CD in the mail.
Wild Bill

Post by Wild Bill »

I think the CD problem is fully resolved, Fox. You should get the General's edition. You'll have the complete package of Mega Campaigns, each one updated with any revisions already included. I've not heard of anyone who did not receive the CD. It does cost a little more than the download only but if you want a CD, its worth it.

WIld Bill
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Wild Bill

Post by Wild Bill »

Don't be embarassed, Billie. We'll be more than happy to help. You just need to tell what is going on when you try to to load the game. Talk to us and we'll help you. You might want to post your situation to the general SPWAW section. A lot more people read it.

Wild BIll
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Zap

Post by Zap »

I've been waiting to ( buy the Mega campaigns CD) for the 8.403 or newest upgrade. Is there still a wait time on the Mega being upgraded for purchasers?
Wild Bill

Post by Wild Bill »

Try this. Do you know much about file folders? Using the file manager can you see a SPWAW folder?

If you can, find the mech.exe file. Double click on it and see if the game starts for you.

WB
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
ThomasStockheim

Post by ThomasStockheim »

I just purchased the General's Edition, but I can't get the download version to work. The Zip file I download is corrupted, I got the whole thing three times now and it allways stops at the end without extracting the file. SteelPanthersWorldAtWarGE-Setup-v8403DR.exe is the current version available, anybody know what  could be the problem ?
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

8.403 is a beta update to the exe file, not the complete game. Are you sure you downloaded the correct file from the correct place?
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Alby

Post by Alby »

ORIGINAL: ThomasStockheim

I just purchased the General's Edition, but I can't get the download version to work. The Zip file I download is corrupted, I got the whole thing three times now and it allways stops at the end without extracting the file. SteelPanthersWorldAtWarGE-Setup-v8403DR.exe is the current version available, anybody know what  could be the problem ?
your game file should say 8.2 or 8.3 (I dont recall which) if you purchased the Generals editons, 8.403 was an update to another update 8.4

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”