Fighter missions (commanding CV)

Starshatter: The Gathering Storm extends the classic space sim by combining fighter and starship combat in a single dynamic campaign game.
Mr.Frag

Fighter missions (commanding CV)

Post by Mr.Frag »

I am a little baffled here.

I send a group of 2 fighters to attack a minefield. They fly out, the first fighter unloads on one of the mines in the selected target group then every group does an RTB without firing a shot. The second fighter never engages. It's like the target is ONLY 1 specific mine, not the collection of mines that make up the field.

Once they start the RTB, I can't seem to get them to turn around and get back into the action no matter what I order.
Mehrunes

RE: Fighter missions (commanding CV)

Post by Mehrunes »

What type of mission are you sending them out on? Sweep? Strike?
Black Cat

Post by Black Cat »

It your subconscious at work Frag, you know your supposed to be working on the WITP Patch[:D]
Mr.Frag

Post by Mr.Frag »

What type of mission are you sending them out on? Sweep? Strike?

I scout them out until located then use the package assault combo.
John DiCamillo

Post by John DiCamillo »

This is a side effect of a much-requested fix: Radio commands are now ship-specific instead of element-specific. Remember back when you were a fighter pilot destroying mines the hard way? And you told your wingman to target a specific mine? This works the same way when you are commanding a carrier.
Mr.Frag

Post by Mr.Frag »

And you told your wingman to target a specific mine? This works the same way when you are commanding a carrier.

Ok, so all targets are single in nature even though it may be part of a larger group?

So sending the mission to strike minefield a actually translates to strike a specific mine in group a.

Hows this work with going after a wave of incoming fighters? Will my 4 intercepters do a RTB after shooting down the first guy?

Not sure what you mean Radio fix. I still can't order any units about #9 (which generally is most of my fighters) [:D]
TheDeadlyShoe

Post by TheDeadlyShoe »

Wellt he problem for examples was that if you targeted a frigate on an incoming fighter wing it would target the "group" which always meant the first fighter and work its way down the chain. No matter how many groups of yours you targeted on the neemy, they would always target on 1 first and work their way down. This had many problems.

Try adjusting navpoints so that the fighters are Patrolling or Sweeping to a navpoint in the field
@TheDeadlyShoe> Unless, say, you could make black holes at will.
@Razeam> I can do that but I don't want to.
Count Sessine

Post by Count Sessine »

A patrol nav point inside the field makes the ships engage all mines in the vicinity.

Return to “Starshatter: The Gathering Storm”