Commander Bug?

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Cmdrcain

Commander Bug?

Post by Cmdrcain »

Maybe missed any discussion but when I create a TF seems it doesn't matter if Auto-Commander is On or off, a commander is still automatic chosen, in the old Original game I could choose who commands..

Am I missing something or is it a bug thats been noted and needs fixing?
Noise? What Noise? It's sooooo quiet and Peaceful!
Battlestar Pegasus
tanjman

RE: Commander Bug?

Post by tanjman »

Cmdrcain,

Is the TF Leader the CO of the Flagship? Or is it some admiral? With auto commander off the flagship CO is also the TF commander. See section 11.11.1 page 172 of the ebook manual for more details
Gunner's Mate: A Boatswain's Mate with a hunting license.
SunDevil_MatrixForum

Post by SunDevil_MatrixForum »

If the option is off it chooses on the of the commanders from the ships in the TF, if the option is on it takes a commander out of the pool of officers.
There is no chance, no destiny, no fate, that can circumvent or hinder or control the firm resolve of a determined soul.
pompack

Post by pompack »

In either case you can still change the commander, but it cost more PP to change if the original commander was autoselected.
Cmdrcain

Post by Cmdrcain »

Grumphhh

Somehow the Original Grand game was better, allowing one to hand choose which to command..

Its ridiculous that I form up my CV TF and the game assigns Spruce
as TF commander while Halsey with the better ratings is sitting...

Yeah right, pay PP's to fix the games stupidity, instead of allowing one to choose from a list, I could see the assigning at sea to fleet captains without choice but if in Port and create a TF somehow game should let the human choose the commander...from get go.

Bad step back there I think, I cant see that it couldn't been coded so a human player had the option of automatic selection or pick the commander
when create a TF in Port..

Thats how the Grand original Pacific war game allowed it... your choice..

[;)]

I bet for someone playing Japanese side to get some lesser assigned to the main landing force instead of the highly rated amphip commander Tanaka must smart..

Yeah I paid PP's to assign Halsey, and I'm not going to if can, dismantle TF's who have proper commanders assigned...

I don't get it in a game where your in command of everything, you can't choose from get go your TF commanders in port TF creation...
Noise? What Noise? It's sooooo quiet and Peaceful!
Battlestar Pegasus

Return to “Tech Support”