Those monsters (spoiler possibly)

Starshatter: The Gathering Storm extends the classic space sim by combining fighter and starship combat in a single dynamic campaign game.
Mr.Frag

Those monsters (spoiler possibly)

Post by Mr.Frag »

I happened to look at one of my saves ... the one that killed me was in the 380,000 damage range.

Umm, Mommy!!! [X(]

Apart from getting behind it so it can't hit you and staying there and hoping that your other ships keep it's friends busy while you shoot it for an hour or so ... anyone come up with something a bit more reasonable?

I'm running out of ships. [X(]
Mehrunes

RE: Those monsters (spoiler possibly)

Post by Mehrunes »

Fusion Reactor, easiest to hit from the sides I think.
John DiCamillo

Post by John DiCamillo »

Hey are you in Operation Nightfall? If so, cool! What day are you on? I'm curious, has anyone actually finished Starshatter yet?
Mr.Frag

Post by Mr.Frag »

Finished, but god did i loose a lot of ships!

Almost made Vice Admiral ... about 8000 points short [:(]

Gotta go replay a few missions [:D]

Grand Admiral seems like it will be about 4 laps through the game.
Mehrunes

Post by Mehrunes »

ORIGINAL: John DiCamillo

I'm curious, has anyone actually finished Starshatter yet?

Of course. Those guys are pussycats when you know where to hit them. [:D]

edit: kittycats?
John DiCamillo

Post by John DiCamillo »

Well, did you like it?!?!?
TheDeadlyShoe

Post by TheDeadlyShoe »

I JUST finished. It was great [:D]

"This didn't go as we expected..." lol!

Although I did experience some pecularities with the last Marakan carrier group... I think they need a new navigator.

I've got the save file there if you want, same path but extension .x instead.

Mehrunes- I suppose that depends on whether you can live through the approach, eh.... [:'(]
@TheDeadlyShoe> Unless, say, you could make black holes at will.
@Razeam> I can do that but I don't want to.
Mehrunes

Post by Mehrunes »

ORIGINAL: John DiCamillo

Yes!!!!11!oneoneone

Now I want more, when is Starshatter 2 coming out? I want to know what happens next. [:D]
Mehrunes

Post by Mehrunes »

Mehrunes- I suppose that depends on whether you can live through the approach, eh.... [:'(]

If all else fails, you can use time-skip to get close enough. Generally you should be able to find one that's focusing on a less vital target though (or provide one of your own). It only takes a few salvos to basically incapacitate them if you have the right angle.
TheDeadlyShoe

Post by TheDeadlyShoe »

Now if only the ships wernt all scattered to hell and gone...
@TheDeadlyShoe> Unless, say, you could make black holes at will.
@Razeam> I can do that but I don't want to.
Mr.Frag

Post by Mr.Frag »

Quite pleased overall.

A few little glitches with some of the medals and stuff, but not a single crash through the entire game. That says a lot about the work you put into the engine itself!

Certainly something that can continue to be built on. The speed I finished should ilustrate the addiction level. [:D]
Bermoph

Post by Bermoph »

I found taking them out with fighters to be the easiest way. They have big sphere like shield (you can see it when you shoot at them) with fighter you can fly inside it, it only takes few shots to the fusion gen to bring it down once you are inside then do the same for weapons and get cap ship to wrap it up and move to the next one.
TexMurphy

Post by TexMurphy »

Must stop moding must start playing.... Ive just finished the first campaign...

I love it so far but have a few points that could improve...

1. Supplies, I really wana see supplies matter.
2. Pilots, I really wana have pilots in the game with different personalities and style of fighting. These should progress through ranks as well so if your doing bad the guy you get assign as your wingman could be leading your squadron after a while.
3. Better responses from carriers. Launching 2 fighters against incomming 10+ is just dumb. If the other fighters are already launched but on patrolls far out recall them when a assult is inbound.
4. In game voices. Especially if we ever get AI Pilots then having voices would be fantastic.

The first two will boost strategy level of the game.
The second two will boost imersion(sp?). Atm it feels a bit to much like me against the world with a few distraction drones on my team.

Ofcourse the second two are "fixable" by modding but that doesnt mean it shouldnt be in game because its the game out of the box that gets the reviews, ratings and publicity not the mods.

Tex
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

ORIGINAL: Mehrunes
when is Starshatter 2 coming out?
Dude, do you realize you have played Starshatter 4, not 1? I have seen Starshatter 2 in Pheagey's Starshatter Dev v2.
ORIGINAL: Bermoph
I found taking them out with fighters to be the easiest way. They have big sphere like shield (you can see it when you shoot at them) with fighter you can fly inside it, it only takes few shots to the fusion gen to bring it down once you are inside then do the same for weapons and get cap ship to wrap it up and move to the next one.
I could call that cheating. milo, why didn't you use ship models as shield model? Or did you made that sphere thing intentionally so players can fly inside it? Why AI don't do same? Oh yea,
AI = Artificial Irrationality

And Tex, you can expect some of that stuff for future versions. Maybe as early as 4.1. What milo says?
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Mehrunes

Post by Mehrunes »

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

Dude, do you realize you have played Starshatter 4, not 1? I have seen Starshatter 2 in Pheagey's Starshatter Dev v2.

Nooo, that's Starshatter 1, Version 4.0.0. I want Starshatter 2, Version Anything. [:-]
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

ORIGINAL: Mehrunes
ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

Nooo, that's Starshatter 1, Version 4.0.0. I want Starshatter 2, Version Anything. [:-]
What if milo don't do such a thing but Starshatter 1, version 5.0.0 instead?

Look version numbers of earlier MS Windows and MS Flight Simulator. Their version numbers had similar notation style like Starshatter has now.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars

Return to “Starshatter: The Gathering Storm”