Automatic Supply Convoys

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

derwho

Automatic Supply Convoys

Post by derwho »

How do I prevent my best admirals being automatically assigned by the computer to command automatic supply convoys??
Imperial Field Service Code (senjinkun):
"Remember always the good reputation of your family and the opinion of people of your birthplace. Do not shame yourself by being taken prisoner alive; die so as to not leave behind a soiled name."
Tanaka

RE: Automatic Supply Convoys

Post by Tanaka »

ORIGINAL: drwho

How do I prevent my best admirals being automatically assigned by the computer to command automatic supply convoys??

i think the ai should coded to assign only the worst admirals to transport fleets like we do and save the best for air combat and surface fleets.
Xargun

Post by Xargun »

ORIGINAL: Tanaka

i think the ai should coded to assign only the worst admirals to transport fleets like we do and save the best for air combat and surface fleets.

Thats a trick statement.. Some captains were great with a warships, others were great with a merchie.. but I agree the computer should be a little better at picking TF leaders.

Xargun
derwho

Post by derwho »

Well I have R. Tanaka getting assigned all the freaking time including a lot of other excellent admirals!
"Remember always the good reputation of your family and the opinion of people of your birthplace. Do not shame yourself by being taken prisoner alive; die so as to not leave behind a soiled name."
Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

Well I have R. Tanaka getting assigned all the freaking time including a lot of other excellent admirals!

yep i always hated this about UV and hoped it would be fixed for WITP. its just another way the AI gets shafted against us. all of its best commanders are riding in transports.
derwho

Post by derwho »

The annoying point is that you simply can't change the commander. You have to disband the whole ASC and re-add the ships again to the ASC system. This really sucks and in my view makes the whole ASC concept unusable.
Mike Wood

Post by Mike Wood »

Hello...

Will have the automatic supply routine stop assigning admirals as task force commanders.

Bye...

Michael Wood

The annoying point is that you simply can't change the commander. You have to disband the whole ASC and re-add the ships again to the ASC system. This really sucks and in my view makes the whole ASC concept unusable.
Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

ORIGINAL: Mike Wood

Hello...

Will have the automatic supply routine stop assigning admirals as task force commanders.

Bye...

Michael Wood

wow you guys are amazing!!! thanks for listening Mike!!! [&o]
JohnK

Post by JohnK »

Given the path problems I wonder if it might not be better to abandon Automatic Convoy and just make the player assigned CS convoy system more robust (such as allowing a player to set waypoints on such a route to avoid the "everything sent from the US goes WEST of Hawaii and straight through the Japanese Mandates" if you set it to go to Noumea or Australia problem

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”