PacWar Manual

Pacific War is a free update of the old classic, available in our Downloads section.
sabre100

PacWar Manual

Post by sabre100 »

I downloaded the pacwar matrix edition from matrix games however I don't see a doc or pdf manual with the game? Is there one with the download I can reference to learn how to play the game?

Thanks in advance
Capt. Harlock

RE: PacWar Manual

Post by Capt. Harlock »

Make sure you have downloaded the full install, Version 3.0. Somewhere in all those zipped files there is a manual file, "MANUAL.PDF". (Note that it is not the largest of the ".pdf" files.) Once you have opened the manual, I recommend playing the tutorial, going step by step through the instructions. It's a good way to get familiar quickly with most of the commands available.
Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo
sabre100

Post by sabre100 »

Thanks I did do that I downloaded the v3.2 full game from here: http://www.matrixgames.com/games/pacifi ... nloads.asp

However I don't see a manual.pdf Did Matrix remove it from 3.2 zip? I do see 2 doc files but they are just listed changes to the 3.2 version.

Can somebody email me the manual.pdf?

Thanks in advance
sabre100

Post by sabre100 »

If anybody has the manual.pdf for pacwar can you please send it to me it is not in the current 3.2 zip thanks so much my email is sabre@renderfx.com
sabre100

Post by sabre100 »

Thanks to everybody that send me the manual in email appreciate the help!
Fitzrin

Post by Fitzrin »

I could use a copy of the manual as well please.

fitzrinth@aol.com

Thanks!
MarkEBacon

Post by MarkEBacon »

If anybody needs the manual, the freeware/abandonware website Home of the Underdogs has it available for download. Just go to their website at www.the-underdogs.org and search for the game Pacific War.

Best to have a pop-up blocker installed first though -- their site is awful for them.

Also, being from the original game, it's out-of-date. When playing the tutorial some of the base names have changed from what's used in the manual.
pasternakski

Post by pasternakski »

A whole lot has changed since the manual was last revised. V. 3.2, in fact, is so different from the version on which the available manual was based as to suggest that the manual is of little or no use at all anymore.
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
MarkEBacon

Post by MarkEBacon »

It's useful for someone who's new to the game. A new player who just sat down with the game would probably never figure it out. The manual is old, but it still covers the interface and basic game concepts like the use of operations points. The tutorial is also still useful for someone who's never played the game.

Beyond that, anyone who's played the game for any length of time won't find it useful.
sabre100

Post by sabre100 »

I heard about the home of the underdogs are these games even legal to download? The site seems to have a lot of old games including the Panzer General games which were great.
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

ORIGINAL: sabre100

I heard about the home of the underdogs are these games even legal to download? The site seems to have a lot of old games including the Panzer General games which were great.

Well, The-Underdogs is one of the better Abandonware sites there is. They usually have permission to distribute or they have at least asked :) So I'd say they are mostly legal, albeit some might be in "grey" area..like games whose owner of rights are unknown etc.

Cheers,

M.S.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Return to “Pacific War: The Matrix Edition”